The Who's Who of Thunder Rift

From the Plunging Cataract Falls to the Keep of the Black Knight, the Rift offers a miniature world filled with friends and foes alike.
The Book-House: Find Thunder Rift products.

Moderators: Havard, Seer of Yhog

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: The Who's Who of Thunder Rift

Post by Havard » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Maliki wrote:
Mayor Valum (9th level Human Fighter, Lawful)
The Mayor is a member of the Quadrial (retired?) Why is he no longer an adventurer? He appears to be 10 years older than he is. The TR guide suggests this is due to his tough job, but could he have had encounters with Ghosts?
I like the Ghost idea.
Yeah, it does seem to make sense doesnt it? I also like how Tom connected it to the Haunted Tower scenario.
Stefan des Herbst (1st level Human Wizard, Lawful)
Stefan is the town weaver. Stefan Herbst sounds like a German name. Not sure about "des". Could he be Hattian? I don't see much else interesting with this guy though. But what is it with his quilts? some of them are on the beds in the Sarcastic Goat Inn. Do they reveal secrets like the tapestry from B10 perhaps? Or is there some other magic woven into them? Or am I giving too much credit to a 1st level magic user?
I dropped the last name, simply known as Stefan the Weaver. IMC his magical ability in a secret he keeps. He acts as an agent of mage island keeping an eye on the day to day activities in Melinir.
Makes sense. I might do that as well. There seems to be a consensus about the mage island connection. I like that!

Shar (2nd level Dwarf Fighter, Lawful)
A female dwarf blacksmith, far from Hearthhome in the Farolas hills. What has driven this young dwarven lady from her homelands? Is she connected to Bediah Buhlon somehow? Only her first name is given. Is she an outcast of her clan since she gives no clan name? Or could Shar actually be her clan name. Dwarven females usually have softer sounding names according to Gaz 6. Shar might come from Sar which means South in Dwarven according to Gaz6.
Good call on the lack of clan name, I don't see her having a connection to Bediah, other being dwarves in a human town. Maybe her smithing skill are sub-par for a dwarf, which is why she set up shop in Melinir, where her skills are much better than her human counterparts.
Thanks. That is certainly a possibility. Dwarven craftsmanship probably has enough of a reputation so that any dwarf will find work in such a line of business among humans.
Bediah Buhlon (3rd level Dwarf Fighter, Neutral)
Bediah is the the owner of the Sarcastic Goat Inn. Bediah is probably a human corrupted dwarves name. Might be something like Bedin. Looking at the language list in Gaz 6, Buhlon might be derived from Buhr=Fire and Lin=Moon. Could thhe Buhlon Clan be an important clan, perhaps of inn keepers and the like in Hearth-Home? I love it if we can use these NPC descriptions to derive some greater information about Thunder Rift. Because of the name Sarcastic Goat, I imagine the Goat being the symbol of the Buhlon clan and Bediah probably has a Goat's Head symbol on his shield or armor.
I plan to use Bediah as the eyes and ears of Hearth-Home in Melinir, keeping an eye on the happenings of the humans, and acting as a point of contact for those beyond TR seeking dwarven goods.
That's a cool idea!
Hodie (0-level Human, Lawful)
He is the stable boy at the Sarcastic Goat Inn stables and is a source of information. What is Hodie's story? How did he end up working for Bediah? Does he have some legacy out there waiting for him?
I'd not given him much thought as far as plot hooks go. So far he is just a NPC that the PCs have contact with each time they come to Melinir, sort of keeps things familar when they return, maybe with a case of hero-worhip on an PC.
[/quote]

The hero worshipping NPC is a cool plot device. Maybe he'll want to go out and impress the PCs, while actually ending up getting himself into trouble... Lots of fun potential there.

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:59 pm

Maliki wrote:
Enora (9th level human Cleric, Lawful)
Enora is the High Cleric of Melinir. She wields a mace and her valuables include 7 gems. Something tells me these 7 gems have some significance or other. I am reminded by thos stones from Temple of Doom. Perhaps these can also be placed within some sort of holy statue to produce some magical effect? Which patron does Enora serve? It is likely some Lawful Immortal, Petra perhaps? I think I will start a discussion of Immortals of Thunder Rift afterwards.

Martin (5th level Human Cleric, Lawful)
Another Cleric here. He is Lawful as well. Maybe he serves Halav? All lawful Clerics are welcome on Temple grounds though. Interestingly, Neutral Clerics are not met with the same hospitality.
I kept the religion in TR very generic, without immortals/gods. Stealing from the fast start rules, I went with the Church of the Holy Defender, Enor is the head of the church in TR, Martin is next in line. The church is an obvious choice as patrons for good aligned PCs.
[/quote]

Hmmm...I need to read up on the Fast Start Rules then! As part of my project involves making the ties to Mystara stronger, I would want to link the church to specific immortals however.
Maliki wrote:
Karyn (9th level Halfling Thief, Neutral)
Karyn is the Melinir Banker and she is another member of the Quadrial.
She is eyes of the Quadrial, an excellent master for a non-evil thief PC.
I like how you link these as patrons for PCs of the various classes. It would be a good way of handing out adventure seeds.

Black Thomas (6th level Human Thief, Chaotic)
He is the leader of the Thief's Guild. He has an understanding with Nicholas Maybrush. He is not a nice guy.
I see him and Nicholas as having an uneven partnership, with Nicholas calling the shots.
Nicholas is probably the strongest of the two, but it might be interesting if their relationship was dynamic, with Tom always trying to get the upper hand. Might give the PCs a little leeway if they find out about it.

Ainrie (1st level Human Thief, Neutral)
Ainrie poses as a serving wench over at the Dancing Dragon tavern. Is she connected to Black Thomas' guild? She does have alot of connections within Thunder Rift's underground so it does seem likely. Ainrie sounds french. Is she from LaTerre?
The ultimate free agent she sells info to anyone and everyone, being a source of info for Black Tom, Karyn, Pickman, Bediah, the PCs, or anyone else who has the gold to pay.
Good take on her!
Richard the Baker (1st level Human Fighter, Lawful)
Not sure what to do with this character. OTOH, the fact that he is a baker has become more interesting to me since I learned of Frank Mentzer's Bakery career. Richard does seem to be a curious guy who could get himself into trouble from time to time..
Not much to add here, I'll probably treat him as a 0 level NPC
Thing about Richard though, is that the description mentions he might join PCs for adventures. I guess that is why he is listed as a fighter rather than a commoner.
Nicholas Maybrush (7th level Human Fighter, Chaotic)
This Merchant is one of the biggest villains of Melinir, posing as a well respected citizen. He sort of reminds me of Al Swerengen from Deadwood, although probably way more classy on the surface.
Uses many agents to keep himself looking the part of simple merchant, but perhaps the biggest string puller in the rift. His goal, rulership of the TR, perhaps a desendant from the kings of old?
I agree. Nicholas is a major powerplayer. I like the idea of him at least claiming some royal ancestry :twisted:
Geoffrey of Mage Island (7th level Human Wizard, Lawful)
Geoffrey has been discussed above. He runs Mage Island and has apparently been doing so for centuries.
I've seen several post where Geoffrey was bumped up in levels, IMC he is what he is, a 7th level mage but unknown to anyone other than Geoffrey himself, he is not the master of Mage Island, just an apprentice to the real master who for whatever reason chooses to be completly unknown.
[/quote]

Hmmm...that is interesting! One of my ideas is that the Elf-Dwarf child of legend survived and lives in secret on Mage Island. Maybe he is the true master then?

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:48 pm

QUEST FOR THE SILVER SWORD NPCs

Burgomeister Gustovan (Human)

Gustovan is the ruler of Torlynn.

Erik (Human)
A Young man in the service of Burgomeister Gustovan of Torlynn.

Barrik the Wizard (Human Wizard, Presumed dead)
Barrik is a descendant of Duke Barrik who once ruled the lands near Torlynn. The mad Wizard Barrik built his tower on the ruins of his ancestor, but was eventually disappeared.

Keshute (Wererat)
Keshute is a wererat who has taken over Barrik’s Keep. He brought Ratlings to Thunder Rift from a distant land. He most likely ends up dead at the end of Silver Sword.

Elladin Silvercrest (Elf Lord)
Elladin is the leader of the Silvercrest Clan of elves living in the Gauntlin woods. His family has had the legendary Silver Sword in their possession for hundreds of years. The Silver Sword is possibly a gift from a Faedorne.

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 pm

RAGE OF THE RAKASTA CHARACTERS

Daymio Kamaggi (Rakasta)

Kamaggi is the leader of the Asharai Rakasta. She recently lead her people to Thunder Rift from Myoshima.

Kaminari (5th level Rakasta Wizard)

Kaminari is an old Rakasta and an advisor to Kamaggi, the Daymio of the Rakasta of thunder Rift. He recently plotted against his ruler and was forced to flee when his plot was thwarted by heroes from Torlynn. While it is possible that he dies at the end of the module, it would be more interesting to have him around. Perhaps he still has allies among the Rakasta Ninjas and will remain a threat to the Thunder Rift Rakasta as well as to Torlynn for some time.

Ashinka (Rakasta Samurai, Dead)
Ashinka was until recently one of the best warriors of the Rakasta of Thunder Rift.

Tamokka (Rakasta, Dead)
Tamokka was the sister of Daymio Kamaggi. She was killed as a result of Kaminari’s schemes.

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:48 pm

ASSAULT ON RAVEN’S RUIN CHARACTERS

Councilman Baur
Councilman Baur is a member of the ruling council of Kleine.

Raven (9th level Human Thief, Neutral)

Raven is a former adventurer and a legendary master thief. He is deeply unpopular in Kleine and has constructed himself a fortress in the Bone Hills. The Goblins in the area do not like Raven. Is there any connection between Raven and Gray Raven?

GOBLIN’S LAIR ADVENURE PACK CHARACTERS

The Mayor of Kleine
Could this be the same person as Councilman Baur? (See above)

Cook (Dwarf)
The dwarf in charge of the Royal Kitchen in Hearth-Home is simply known as “Cook”.

Lord Ragni of Hearth-Home (9th level Dwarf, Lawful)
Lord Ragni is a dwarven noble from Hearth-Home. How is he related to Otaras Stoneson, the ruler of Hearth-Home?

Lord Hargun (Dwarf, Dead)

A previous ruler of Hearth-Home, now dead.

Lord Durgan (Dwarf, Dead)
A previous ruler of Hearth-Home, now dead.

Lord Gargin the Mad (Dwarf, Dead)

A previous ruler of Hearth-Home, now dead. He was reputedly mad. Lord Gargin was said to have dabbled in evil magic and alchemy “and who knows what else?”.

Lord Burgrim (Dwarf, Dead)
A previous ruler of Hearth-Home. He was surrounded by scandals.

Bryn the Pious (2nd level Human Cleric, Lawful)
Hagrim Flintfist (1st level Dwarf, Neutral)
Ariel Dreamweave (2nd level Human magic-user, Neutral)
Hikaru the Quick (1st level Human Thief, Neutral)
Corinna Ravenshield (2nd level Human Fighter, neutral)
Hugo Brandywine (2nd level Halfling, Neutral)
Rissiel Stillglade (2nd level Elf, Neutral)

The above were pre-gen characters for the module.

Red-Hand Tribe King (4HD Goblin)
This king rules the Red-Hand Tribe of Goblins. His stronghold is the Palace of Dread in the Burning Hills. He also has Hobgoblins and Bugbears among his minions. They have enslaved most of Thunder Rift’s small Gnome population.

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:11 pm

HAUNTED TOWER NPCs

Growk (Gnoll Chieftain)

Growk is a Gnoll from the Gauntlin woods who has lead an expedition into the Gloomfens.

Rak (Gnoll Shaman)
Rak is a Gnoll shaman of Ranivorous, accompanying Growk.

Sir Mathew (Mummy)
Sir Mathew was the captain of Sir Jamesson’s Guard. He is now a mummy.

Sir Jamesson (Specter)
Sir Jamesson was the founder or the Figher’s Academy. He is now a Specter, haunting the ruins of the Academy.

Lord Ursus Longmane (8 HD Vampire/ 5th level Magic-User, Chaotic)

Lord Ursus Longmane is a vampire operating out of the Gloomfens. In life he was a magic-user when he was killed by a vampire. Does he have any rightful claim to the title Lord?

Kara (Dobbleganger)
Kara is a dobbleganger living in Lord Ursus Longmane’s lair. Is she related to Lars Jasse from Melnir somehow?

KNIGHT OF NEWTS NPCS

N’Wormbit, Tribal Shaman (Historical)
The Newt who made the magic responsible for the sinking of Castle Kraal.

Lord Kraal (Historical)
Some hints suggest that there was a figure named Kraal who had the Castle constructed at one point.

Kraal’s Last Commandant (Historical)
This lady was the last commandant of Kraal and attempted to turn things around for good when the Castle suddenly was destroyed.

Kraal’s Corrupt Commandant (Historical)
This commander came under the suspicion of having taken bribes from Ogres not to interfere in their raiding. The commander was expelled from Kraal and travelled south. Is he somehow connected with the Black Knight? Or possibly the unnamed keep to the east of the Black Knight’s Keep?

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

rossik
Goblin

Post by rossik » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:26 pm

great work here!

(you forgot Bedan, the farmer from Goblins lair (red hand trail):P)

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:29 pm

rossik wrote:great work here!

(you forgot Bedan, the farmer from Goblins lair (red hand trail):P)
Thanks for reminding me of this one! Let me know if there are others that I have forgotten :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:32 pm

ESCAPE FROM THUNDER RIFT CHARACTERS

Chambrin (Human Wizard, Chaotic)
A renegade wizard from Karameikos, who found his way into Thunder Rift and used the portal beneath Hearth Home to escape.

Ezra (Elf)
A Callarii elf from Karameikos. He accidentally send a group of adventures into Thunder Rift. His real name is Ezrathanawel “Ezra” the Elf-lord (Speculation).

Borren (Dwarf)
A dwarven emissary from Hearth-Home

Otaras Stoneson (Dwarf)
Otaras is the leader of the Dwarves of Hearth-Home.

Barr (Dwarf, dead?)

A Dwarf who spoke to Farolas, years ago.

Asticles (9th level Human Wizard, Chaotic)
This is the mage who first discovered the portal below Hearth Home and constructed the chambers surrounding it. He later travelled to Karameikos and became Asticles the Witch-Lord ruling parts of Traladara from his Red Granite tower. He was eventually killed by Farolas.

SWORD AND SHIELD NPCS

Sir Argyl The Black Knight (4th level Human Fighter)
Argyl is the son of the Black Knight. He is the last scion of the Fighters’ Academy. (Sword and Shield)

Revit (Human)
Sir Argyl’s Butler (Sword and Shield)

Perin (Human Cleric, Chaotic)
Sir Argyl’s Cleric(Sword and Shield)

Sir Tristram (Lawful Human Knight)
A Knight of Thunder Rift. Possibly from Torlynn? (Sword and Shield)

Sir Brion (Lawful Human Knight)

A Knight from Thunder Rift. Possibly from Melinir? (Sword and Shield)

Sir Erik
A Knight from Thunder Rift. Possibly from Melinir? (Sword and Shield)
`
Lady Taris (Neutral Human Knight)
A female knight. Possibly from Kleine?

Sir Stimdum (Chaotic Human Knight)
A human knight, possibly with some connection to Kraal?

Sir Renk (Chaotic Human Knight)

Knight of Thunder Rift

Lady Rianna (Human Knight)
Neutral human female knight. She is possibly from Edgewater?

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

rossik
Goblin

Post by rossik » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:19 pm

hi, havad!

just to tell you, the goblin king from goblins lair final adventure have 3hd, not 4.

and besides Bedan, the farmer, you may whant to include the shaman ("the goblin's tribe shaman") and the hobgoblin bodyguard ("one of the king's most trusted")

Goblin Shaman (4hd goblin)
"He looks like an old and wizened goblin, with a multitude of scars and tatoos making strange patterns on his hide"
the drawn doesnt show him like this, OTOH :)

Hobgoblin Bodyguard (4hd)
"this is where the leader of the hobgoblin envoys residers. he is one of the hobgoblin king's most trusted bodygiards and advisor"

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks Rossik!

I propose we call the Goblin King "King Dread", since he resides in the Palace of Dread. What do you think?

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:11 pm

...and here's the last batch for now:

CHARACTERS FROM ZANZER’S DUNGEON:

Zanzer Tem (4th level human Magic-User, Chaotic)
An evil magic user from Kleine.

Gorgo (4th level Human Cleric, Lawful)
Gorgo was Zanzer Tem’s valet, but was imprisoned by the magic-user. He escaped after the events of Zanzer’s Dungeon.

Axel

A prisoner in Zanzer’s Dungeon

Barab
A swordsmith’s apprentice

Carok
The delivery boy of an armorer

Dent
A Street urchin

Fura
A scullery maid

Hector
Assistant to a local cleric

Jala
A dancing girl.

Nuggin
The green-grocer’s son

Pike
A helper in Kleine’s militia.

OTHERS

Henrik van Decken (Specter)
Henrik van Decken and his crew attempt to make a treacherous crossing around the Serpent Peninsula (in the “teeth” between Yavdlom and the Serpent Peninsula). They fail and are cursed to repeat their journey for eternity. (Phantom Ship)

Harfur Glumtoes
A gnomish archaeologist living in Edgewater (Dungeon #41)

Rhiannon the Bard (Human Bard)
About two miles north west of Edgewater lies Rhiannon the bards playhouse. Rhiannon lives in a circular house build around a large oak. Rhiannons taste for the dramatic have left her songs depressing and unpopular with critics and the citizens of Thunder Rift. (Dungeon #41)

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

rossik
Goblin

Post by rossik » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:15 pm

from zanzer dungeons

Jerj, the hobgoblin jailor
Adelle Kahoki, princess of the elven tribes

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:20 pm

rossik wrote:from zanzer dungeons

Jerj, the hobgoblin jailor
Adelle Kahoki, princess of the elven tribes
I can't belive I forgot to include Jerj!

Adelle, I completely missed. Princess of the elven tribes eh? I already established Elladin Silvercrest as a candidate for rulership of the Gauntlin elves. How does Adelle fit into this? Is Kahoki a clan name?

Thanks rossik! :)

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

rossik
Goblin

Post by rossik » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:58 pm

well, it says "tribes", but i had no idea of size:(

Maliki
Goblin

Post by Maliki » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:11 pm

I'd make her a cousin to Elladin, of royal blood, but not in line for the throne.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Maliki wrote:I'd make her a cousin to Elladin, of royal blood, but not in line for the throne.
Good idea! This gives us the Kahoki clan as another clan with connections to the ruling Silvercrest Clan.

Uhm...what happens to Adelle in the module?

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Belathauzer
Ogre

Post by Belathauzer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:13 pm

Some thoughts that I had on another topic:

Nicholas Maybrush

I see Nick as a truly evil, two-faced SOB (I'm sure you're nothing of the sort in real life Mr. McComb ;) ). He has the potential to be an all-too-"human" Dark Lord. If anyone has read the Black Company series - I picture Maybrush as having some of Marron Shed's qualities. A pervert, thief, and killer - one who is even willing to go so far as to murder his own blood if need be. Nick should have some ties to the criminal underworld/Thieves' Guild of Melinir, perhaps even some people who know his "true secret" (Black Thomas?). Blackmail is a powerful motivator and can cause people to do drastic things out of desperation. I can definitely see some mob-style conflicts and back-stabbing going on between Nick and his crew & Black Thomas and the local Thieves' Guild.

I definitely see a lot of Al Swerengen from Deadwood in him too as Havard put forth earlier in the thread. He's a man that definitely utilizes his assets well and believes in living well as a result. Much like Al, I think he believes that he can pull the strings of Thunder Rift.

I like Firebee's ideas concerning Nick being involved with Keshute and the Wererats and Havard's follow up regarding him being connected to controlling the trade road in and out of the Rift. In my campaign I have it setup that Nick was into slave trading (Iron Ring style) as well as banditry. The opening adventure was Escape from Zanzer's Dungeon, and still unbeknownst to the player's, it was Maybrush's bandit crew that jacked them and sold them to Zanzer to work in his mine. Maybrush's crew works the Melinir hills region too and uses one of the old mines as a hideout and loot cache. He is connected in many ways to a lot of the other villains in the Rift in my game - Keshute being one of them. He is definitely a contender for the BIG villain.
-- Long live Mystara!

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Belathauzer wrote:Some thoughts that I had on another topic:

Nicholas Maybrush

I see Nick as a truly evil, two-faced SOB (I'm sure you're nothing of the sort in real life Mr. McComb ;) ). He has the potential to be an all-too-"human" Dark Lord. If anyone has read the Black Company series - I picture Maybrush as having some of Marron Shed's qualities. A pervert, thief, and killer - one who is even willing to go so far as to murder his own blood if need be. Nick should have some ties to the criminal underworld/Thieves' Guild of Melinir, perhaps even some people who know his "true secret" (Black Thomas?). Blackmail is a powerful motivator and can cause people to do drastic things out of desperation. I can definitely see some mob-style conflicts and back-stabbing going on between Nick and his crew & Black Thomas and the local Thieves' Guild.

I definitely see a lot of Al Swerengen from Deadwood in him too as Havard put forth earlier in the thread. He's a man that definitely utilizes his assets well and believes in living well as a result. Much like Al, I think he believes that he can pull the strings of Thunder Rift.

I like Firebee's ideas concerning Nick being involved with Keshute and the Wererats and Havard's follow up regarding him being connected to controlling the trade road in and out of the Rift. In my campaign I have it setup that Nick was into slave trading (Iron Ring style) as well as banditry. The opening adventure was Escape from Zanzer's Dungeon, and still unbeknownst to the player's, it was Maybrush's bandit crew that jacked them and sold them to Zanzer to work in his mine. Maybrush's crew works the Melinir hills region too and uses one of the old mines as a hideout and loot cache. He is connected in many ways to a lot of the other villains in the Rift in my game - Keshute being one of them. He is definitely a contender for the BIG villain.
Could we take the Deadwood analogy even further? Like Swerengen, Maybrush would have an interest in preserving Thunder Rift, preventing too destructive wars etc. Also, like Swerengen, he does not control the valley. He has to work with other powergroup, forming various alliances, including cooperating with good/lawful individuals to keep the valley safe from dangers that would harm his own business...

Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Giorgio
Ogre

Post by Giorgio » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 pm

I have a lot of questions and comments to contribute, but first I would like to know if Havard is still actively working on this project?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:45 am

This is an amazing project. Is it finished? Can a netbook be put together and put onto Vaults of Pandius, or are there more NPCs to go?
Havard wrote:I propose we call the Goblin King "King Dread", since he resides in the Palace of Dread. What do you think?
Maybe you could call him "Delore". Then he could say "I am Delore". ;)
Giorgio wrote:I have a lot of questions and comments to contribute, but first I would like to know if Havard is still actively working on this project?
I'm going to go poke Havard. Are you still interested, Giorgio? :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Noxxon
Gnoll

Post by Noxxon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:00 pm

Big Mac wrote:This is an amazing project. Is it finished? Can a netbook be put together and put onto Vaults of Pandius, or are there more NPCs to go?
I would have to say - No, it is not finished. I do not see anything on some of the other products that we know are linked to TR. So, yes, it would seem that there is more to do just yet.
Big Mac wrote:Maybe you could call him "Delore". Then he could say "I am Delore". ;)
Love it. Dread rules.

Noxxon
You can't get over stupid when you're stuck on dumb.

If 30% of the world's population died today, I would only be 30% happier tomorrow.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 am

Noxxon wrote:
Big Mac wrote:This is an amazing project. Is it finished? Can a netbook be put together and put onto Vaults of Pandius, or are there more NPCs to go?
I would have to say - No, it is not finished. I do not see anything on some of the other products that we know are linked to TR. So, yes, it would seem that there is more to do just yet.
Thunder Rift is not my area of expertise, but I would love to see another TR fan come along and restart this project and then work with everyone else, who knows the setting, and start filling in the missing bits. I wonder if Giorgio is still interested. :)

I can't quite tell if the project is missing a small number of NPCs or if it needs a large amount of work, so I think an assessment of how many NPCs exist could be a good way to restart this.
Noxxon wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Maybe you could call him "Delore". Then he could say "I am Delore". ;)
Love it. Dread rules.
The other good thing about calling that NPC "Delore" is that if the GM puts the NPC up against the PCs, things go wrong and there is a TPK, they could play this music, and get all the players to sing "I fought Delore...and Delore won" when the chorus comes on. :lol:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Noxxon
Gnoll

Post by Noxxon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:05 am

Big Mac wrote:Thunder Rift is not my area of expertise, but I would love to see another TR fan come along and restart this project and then work with everyone else, who knows the setting, and start filling in the missing bits. I wonder if Giorgio is still interested. :)
Hard to tell if anyone is still interested anymore, been about a year since anyone has posted on TR.
Big Mac wrote:I can't quite tell if the project is missing a small number of NPCs or if it needs a large amount of work, so I think an assessment of how many NPCs exist could be a good way to restart this.
From what I can see, there is not much missing as far as NPCs go. Do not know if some of the NPCs listed already are from multiple, though unlisted sources, so hard to tell if all material has been included.
Big Mac wrote:The other good thing about calling that NPC "Delore" is that if the GM puts the NPC up against the PCs, things go wrong and there is a TPK, they could play this music, and get all the players to sing "I fought Delore...and Delore won" when the chorus comes on. :lol:
Awesome.

Noxxon
You can't get over stupid when you're stuck on dumb.

If 30% of the world's population died today, I would only be 30% happier tomorrow.

Gravesguardian
Guardian of the Grave
Location: wandering Thunder Rift dealing w/ the threats that spring up

Post by Gravesguardian » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:37 pm

The way I see Adelle Kahoki & the Silvercrest guy is that the Kahoki clan do lead the Riftian elves, while the Silvercrests built & run the Elven trading city. (Think Alfhiem & it's trading city) IMC Adelle & Elladin are bethrothed to one another. Oh & in the solo adventure, if you survive to the end, Adelle goes one way & your character goes another.

Also, a couple of NPC's were missed in the Sword & Shield section: the Old Woman(Gertie) from town you were "actually" sent to rescue & Adrianna(Magic-User 2) who was kidnapped "yesterday" according to the text.

Return to “Thunder Rift”