[Covid-19] What RPG projects are you working on?

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Re: [Covid-19] What RPG projects are you working on?

Post by Boneguard »

Currently working on a French Shadowrun mission...and will try to get it published either in the Casus Belli magazine or the Cutting Black/30 Nights translation.

It is meant to involve French Runners into events in the UCAS
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Isuru
Ogre

Post by Isuru »

When this all first started I got the idea in my head to get back into writing, just a hobby I enjoyed, but haven't had the time in recent years. While working on a sci-fi setting for the story, I got 35 pages in before it got a bit unwieldy and I hit a crossroads in tone. Still trying to unravel that.

Decided to switch over to fantasy and went into the idea folders to see if anything clicked. Found one I liked, but felt the initial output was not forthcoming. A real struggle to get words down. Then I rediscovered a very old folder and decided to use that as a mental pipe-cleaner to get the brain going again.

Revamping an old homebrew setting, Dommar: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13951

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Rekindled my sci-fi rpg light rules project. 1000 words today on an abstract space dogfight system. Looking good. This is not an OSR or heartbreaker game. I'm designing the game I want to play from scratch. Importing stuff from my fantasy project I now have:

- Character creation
- Professions & Skills
- Modifiers
- Combat and Non-combat Actions
- Armour
- Weapons
- Hazards
- Space dogfights
- Damage, healing, life and death

All in perfectly serviceable text for play test. I only need to make the equipment list and I will be ready to run an adventure.

b9anders
Goblin

Post by b9anders »

I am currently working on the companion volume for my game Into the Unknown.

Also on a small setting folio that wants to be as vanilla as possible, taking up the challenge of making vanilla evocative by the power of shared mythic heritage rather than just bland.

And a 5e/ItU old school introductory adventure that is very sandboxy in nature.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

Even though the next issue of RPG Review has been delayed, the topic for the one after that has been announce “Healers and Healing”. So I’ve started work on three articles. I’m sure the editor would like to hear any pitches for articles if anyone here wants to contribute.

My Gamma World 4e Australia PbP has started but I’m still happy to take a couple more players if anyone wants ‘in’.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Yesterday and today. Based and primed my new Reaper Pulp models.
Heroes (first row) and Antagonists (second row) for my fall Modern AGE campaign.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

Did a chunk of work on Age of Ostoria the last couple of days. Edited some older posts on those threads to reflect some of that work and more Age of Ostoria stuff will be posted soon. Age of Ostoria is my project to play in the past of the Forgotten Realms when the giant empire ruled. The new races and options can be used in other D&D 5e campaigns. Here is one of several topics for the project http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtop ... 18&t=20167
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wyrms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x30bz9qi4i0d ... 0.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0zjp7d2mtfwe ... 0.pdf?dl=0

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Having fun with Hexograher at 2 miles per hex. 24 miles large hex.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Very cool shesheyan!

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Princess Strega wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:36 am
Very cool shesheyan!
Thanks! Goes rather fast once you get the hang of it. I'm moving my beloved hex paper map to Hexographer because of (covid-19) VTT games.

Todays progress

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Another great map! I'm loving these.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Some progress on spaceship travel for my lite sci-fi RPG project.
Also a kernel of idea for character origins, personality and behaviour.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

My computer has an issue I can't fix. So until I am able to gut it and remove the hard drive my projects are in limbo. Ordering a new computer very soon, maybe Alienware.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

shesheyan wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:12 am
Princess Strega wrote:
Very cool shesheyan!
Thanks! Goes rather fast once you get the hang of it. I'm moving my beloved hex paper map to Hexographer because of (covid-19) VTT games.
Yes very cool. I was wondering, if I wanted to zoom in on an existing map that's just an image (Council of Wryms world map) with 50 mile hexes to make local maps at 5 or 6 miles per hex using the same colour scheme and symbols how hard would that be using this software?

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Coronoides wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:09 am
shesheyan wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:12 am
Princess Strega wrote:
Very cool shesheyan!
Yes very cool. I was wondering, if I wanted to zoom in on an existing map that's just an image (Council of Wryms world map) with 50 mile hexes to make local maps at 5 or 6 miles per hex using the same colour scheme and symbols how hard would that be using this software?
I'm not super familiar with Hexographer. I see there is a button to import a map, in png format, to trace over it.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

My current project is prepping a 13th Age game for up to 34 interns. This will be my 7th annual intern game, but it's the first time that it's virtual. I'm going to guess that roughly half of them will be interested. I have three other GM volunteers to help me out. We'll each run the game at the same time over Roll20. I'm curious to see how the story varies depending on the group.

This weekend, I plan to create digital tokens, create maps and images for VTT use, update pre-gen character sheets, and tidy up my 13th Age conversion so that it will work for other GMs (and not just for my own use).

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides »

I should say here that issue 46 of RPG review featuring articles by myself and others has been released.
http://rpgreview.net/node/312
It’s a FATE/FUDGE special so will be of lesser interest to the crowd here.
Another thing of note is my ‘first thoughts’ on “Into the Unknown” topic here on The Piazza. This has turned into a mid-sized project as I give detailed first impressions on each of the 5 books in the core game. “Into the Unknown” provides B/X styles of play built on a modified D&D 5e base. It is designed as a stand alone game. However, it has also been designed to be compatible with D&D 5e so you can use a mix of the two.
http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtop ... 81&t=24283.
Other projects are inching forwards around my paid work but I’m trying not to mention projects twice in this topic.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

Rather than progressing many RPG projects more than previously (the situation hurt a bit my fantasy, apparently...) I am playing / running more than previously on line PbP campaigns.
Some of the players of campaigns that I'm running PbP are front line healthcare workers and they have plenty of professional issues, but when they have some free time they love evading from the difficult, real life situation by playing on my PbP games, so I want to make it as good an experience as I can for them.
Some other players went through Covid-19 and for a while couldn't post and It was a pleasure seeing them back into the game, slowly at first, when they weren't strong enough, and then posting more and more often as they improved.
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Kythkyn
Resident Catgirl

Post by Kythkyn »

shesheyan wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 pm
I also rebooted my failed attempts to design a rules light Sci-Fi RPG loosely inspired by Star Frontiers and 80s sci-fi. I'm at 2000 words. Seems like I'm really into the design zone. I'll keep writing till I drop.
Sounds awesome! Will you be showing any of it off?
Ashtagon wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:03 pm
I decided to have another go at writing my heartbreaker fork of Jamie Chamber's System 26 rules set.
Woot!
FaerieGodfather wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:50 pm
I'm attempting to build my dream version of Old School Essentials using other B/X materials, what little BECMI material I can find, and of course my beloved Player's Option.
Sounds fun! Any examples on tweaking?

As for me, I am half-assing work on a lot of little projects. But I am going to get back to work on some B/X slash OSR stuff I've been meaning to finish
Gaming Blog | Twitter | Discord
MAYBE YOU RUIN CHOCOLATE!

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Kythkyn wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:07 pm
shesheyan wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 pm
I also rebooted my failed attempts to design a rules light Sci-Fi RPG loosely inspired by Star Frontiers and 80s sci-fi. I'm at 2000 words. Seems like I'm really into the design zone. I'll keep writing till I drop.
Sounds awesome! Will you be showing any of it off?
I will. The core system works really. I just need to take the time to expand the personal and ship equipment lists. I may even do a VTT one-shot test game at some point in the Fall. ;)

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

For whatever reason my computer is working again. I still plan on getting a new computer very soon as this one is a dinosaur.

I am currently working a Pathfinder 1E class that combines elements of the druid and ranger with an elementalist vibe...no spells.
shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:12 pm
Were you going to show off your progress on this?

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

Princess Strega wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:39 am
shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:12 pm
Were you going to show off your progress on this?
Not until it's ready for play.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 am
Not until it's ready for play.
I am certainly looking forward to seeing it! :)

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan »

One of my players introduced me to his group of players. After a few games of The Dark Eye together I offered to run a Modern AGE one-shot. They accepted. I'm re-reading some of my 2019 M-AGE adventures to select one and create appropriate 1st level characters. I'll probably go with a Soldier (grunt), a Detective (leader) and a Doctor (medic) who all meet in Europe during WWI.

Return to “The Wishing Well”