Parsantium: City at the Crossroads

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Parsantium: City at the Crossroads

Post by Big Mac » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 am

Richard Green (RichGreen at The Piazza) has just finished work on his new campaign sourcebook Parsantium: City at the Crossroads*:
Ondine Publishing at DriveThru RPG wrote:Image

Parsantium: City at the Crossroads is a city sourcebook for use with all editions of the world’s bestselling fantasy RPGs.

Parsantium is a melting pot, a cosmopolitan city where trade routes meet and great cultures collide. Inspired by real-life Byzantium with its rich Greco-Roman heritage, Parsantium is packed with characters, monsters and magic from the Tales of the Arabian Nights, ancient India and the Far East, alongside traditional medieval fantasy elements.

Featuring evil cults and exotic gods, unscrupulous politicians and nobles, scheming rakshasas and serpentfolk, ancient dungeons buried beneath the city streets, powerful criminal gangs, gladiators and chariot racing, Parsantium contains enough adventure hooks and adversaries to keep your player characters busy throughout their careers, without having to step outside the city walls.

The Parsantium city sourcebook contains:
  • 2,000 years of history
  • 17 character backgrounds for new PCs
  • Over 70 detailed city locations
  • Over 200 NPC descriptions
  • 50 power groups, guilds and noble families
  • 35 deities
Compatible with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Parsantium: City at the Crossroads contains minimal game stats, making it easy to use with whatever edition you are playing. Parsantium can be readily incorporated into your own campaign world or published fantasy setting.

Written by Richard Green, author of the Midgard Bestiary for 4th Edition D&D (Kobold Press) and So What’s That Shiny Thing Like, Anyway? (Raging Swan Press), and featuring cover art by Joe Shawcross, brand new interior art by Matt Morrow and Marc Radle, and a double page map of the city by ENnie Award winning cartographer Jonathan Roberts.
* = This is an affiliate link that supports The Piazza. If you use this link DriveThru RPG will donate a small affiliate fee towards the hosting cost of The Piazza. There is no cost to you for clicking on this link.

Wolfgang Baur has given the product a recommendation on his Facebook page for Kobold Press:
Kobold Press wrote:The price is right, and it seems full of promising material for Al-Qadim, Qadira, the Dragon Empire, and Katapesh.
This first came to my attention in April 2013, as a city that could be inserted into Zakhara. See the Parsantium (a homebrew Arabian city) thread in the Al-Qadim forum for some ideas about how you might fit this into your Al-Qadim game.
Last edited by Big Mac on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Parsantium: City at the Crossroads

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:33 am

Looks like this might fit my bill better than Tales of Caliphate Nights for Arabian flavored Pathfinder regional goodness. I'll be picking up the Print+POD as soon as funds allow.
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah, it looks like it is a worthwhile investment. I'll likely get the PDF at some point.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks all - glad you like the look of Parsantium! Do let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Rich

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:55 am

Big Mac wrote:This first came to my attention in April 2013, as a city that could be inserted into Zakhara. See the Parsantium (a homebrew Arabian city) thread in the Al-Qadim forum for some ideas about how you might fit this into your Al-Qadim game.
I think it would make much more sense in the Utter East, which joins Faerun to Zakhara and Kara-Tur and which is often portrayed, like Parsantium, as sort of a blend of European, Arabic, and Indian cultures.

It might work as Eldrinpar.

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 am

ripvanwormer wrote: I think it would make much more sense in the Utter East, which joins Faerun to Zakhara and Kara-Tur and which is often portrayed, like Parsantium, as sort of a blend of European, Arabic, and Indian cultures.

It might work as Eldrinpar.
The Utter East is a good call as a location for Parsantium in the Realms. Back when I was planning the D&D campaign which became Parsantium around seven years ago I considered setting the game in that area as I knew I wanted somewhere where several different cultures met. In the end I decided to come up with my own homebrew setting as there were things about the region I didn't really like, including Viking-like rulers and a lot of weird stuff from an old computer game that was set there.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi all,

Now that Parsantium has been out of a couple of weeks, I’ve been thinking about writing some new material to support the book. Some of this new stuff will be blog posts or articles on parsantium.com but I am also considering some PDF-only supplements for sale on drivethrurpg.com and at Paizo.

So, what would you like to read about? Vote in the poll here and/or let me know in this thread.

Speaking of feedback, I was thrilled that Parsantium got another 5 star review this week :)

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:13 am

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know if you haven't bought Parsantium: City at the Crossroads yet, the PDF is part of the 30% off GM's Day Sale at drivethrurpg.com/RPGNow until 12th March!

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:53 am

Hi,

I've posted a "one month on" update on my blog here.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi all,

Parsantium: City at the Crossroads is now available in print online at Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.

MODERATOR EDIT (by Big Mac): Parsantium: City at the Crossroads is also available in print on Amazon.ca.

If you're interested in 13th Age, i've posted a couple of PC races for the Parsantium game I am running at #UKT5 next weekend: the vanara and the gnoll.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi,

I've posted a new map of the wider world of Parsantium here

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 am

Hi all,

I've posted a short update to the blog.

Cheers

Rich

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 04, 2014 9:20 pm

RichGreen wrote:I've posted a new map of the wider world of Parsantium here
That is actually free game content, and deserves a thread in the Other Worlds forum: [Parsantium] Parsantium "world map" online :cool:
RichGreen wrote:I've posted a short update to the blog.
Nice to see things coming on. Is Ondine Publishing getting this into any gaming stores other than Orc's Nest? Are they going to be doing a deal with Bits and Mortar?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Sun May 04, 2014 10:57 pm

There's a separate thead on incorporating Parsantium into Midgard.

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Mon May 05, 2014 10:30 am

Big Mac wrote:
RichGreen wrote:I've posted a new map of the wider world of Parsantium here
That is actually free game content, and deserves a thread in the Other Worlds forum: [Parsantium] Parsantium "world map" online :cool:
RichGreen wrote:I've posted a short update to the blog.
Nice to see things coming on. Is Ondine Publishing getting this into any gaming stores other than Orc's Nest? Are they going to be doing a deal with Bits and Mortar?
Thanks for posting a thread linking to the map! I wanted to make one available so people who had the book could get a clearer idea of what the wider world looks like.

Parsantium is only in Orc's Nest at the moment – I've been shopping there for a long time and Peter was kind enough to stock the book. I did email Esdevium a while ago to see if they were interested in distributing the book to other FLGSs but didn't get a reply - I'll chase them up.

I don't have Bits and Mortar set up as the book is only in one store but would be happy to send you a download link for the PDF if you buy a print copy there ;)

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 am

Hi,

I've posted some thoughts on what the new edition of D&D means for Parsantium on the blog, as well as a write-up of the Basileus as a 13th Age icon.

Any comments or questions?

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Sun May 25, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi all,

Just added a second icon write up here. More to follow....

Cheers

Rich

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:58 am

RichGreen wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Nice to see things coming on. Is Ondine Publishing getting this into any gaming stores other than Orc's Nest? Are they going to be doing a deal with Bits and Mortar?
Thanks for posting a thread linking to the map! I wanted to make one available so people who had the book could get a clearer idea of what the wider world looks like.

Parsantium is only in Orc's Nest at the moment – I've been shopping there for a long time and Peter was kind enough to stock the book. I did email Esdevium a while ago to see if they were interested in distributing the book to other FLGSs but didn't get a reply - I'll chase them up.

I don't have Bits and Mortar set up as the book is only in one store but would be happy to send you a download link for the PDF if you buy a print copy there ;)
Sounds like a deal to me! :mrgreen:

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:16 am

Hi all,

I've posted a new icon to the blog: the Archbishop of Parsantium.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:17 am

Big Mac wrote:
RichGreen wrote: Parsantium is only in Orc's Nest at the moment – I've been shopping there for a long time and Peter was kind enough to stock the book.

Sounds like a deal to me! :mrgreen:
Thanks for buying the book! Happy to extend the offer to anyone else buying a copy at Orc's Nest ;)

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi all,

Couple of new updates to the blog: an expanded world map and a write-up of the Boss of All Bosses.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:35 am

Hi there,

If you haven't bought Parsantium yet, the PDF is on sale at 33% off ($7.99) from today through to 24th June!

You can get it at Paizo or at drivethrurpg.com.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi all,

I've posted a write-up of Jagadamba, the Witch of Flotsam, to the Parsantium blog here.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi all,

I've added a write up of Naelere, the Dragon, to the Parsantium blog.

Cheers

Rich

RichGreen
Bugbear

Post by RichGreen » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi all,

There some latest news on the Parsantium blog.

Cheers

Rich

Return to “The Wishing Well”