Anyone seen the Fantastic Maps hex mapping software?

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Anyone seen the Fantastic Maps hex mapping software?

Post by Big Mac »

Richard Green (RichGreen at The Piazza) posted a map of a place called Feyshore Forest on his blog and said he was alpha testing Jonathan Roberts of Fantastic Maps‘ new hex mapping software.

I know we have a few fans of hex maps at The Piazza. Has anyone seen anything about this Fantastic Maps software? I had a look at the Fantastic Maps blog, but didn't see anything about how to download (or buy) the alpha version of the software. Does anyone know anything about it? Is this something that was funded by Kickstarter?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Re: Anyone seen the Fantastic Maps hex mapping software?

Post by agathokles »

I'd not be surprised if there was no download for the alpha version. Alpha status generally means a software is not ready for external use -- even a beta may miss features and have more bugs than you would expect in a product.
Which is why alpha tests are run with few users: you don't need tons of people reporting the same obvious bugs.
GP

Hugin
Messenger of Odin

Post by Hugin »

Very cool looking though. It might even be something that I could manage to use (once released).

RichGreen
Ogre

Post by RichGreen »

Hi,

Jon Roberts has been documenting his progress in creating his hex mapping software on G+ and Facebook mostly. I would recommend following him in one or both of those places to keep up to date with #hexallthethings. I found it really easy to use and great fun!

Cheers

Rich

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

RichGreen wrote:Hi,

Jon Roberts has been documenting his progress in creating his hex mapping software on G+ and Facebook mostly. I would recommend following him in one or both of those places to keep up to date with #hexallthethings. I found it really easy to use and great fun!
Thanks Rich. I'll see if I can see the posts where he talks about it. :)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Big Mac wrote:
RichGreen wrote:Hi,

Thanks Rich. I'll see if I can see the posts where he talks about it. :)
I saw the post about Alpha Testing (if anyone is interested). :cool:

Return to “The Wishing Well”