[Conan] Conan RPG due in August by Modiphius Entertainment

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.

Moderator: Chimpman

[Conan] Conan RPG due in August by Modiphius Entertainment

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:29 am

:o Link

For the url impaired wrote:Modiphius Entertainment announces the definitive sword & sorcery roleplaying game, planned for launch August 2015

KNOW, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of....

Modiphius is proud to announce a licensing deal with Conan Properties to publish Robert E. Howard’s CONAN Adventures In An Age Undreamed Of. This is CONAN roleplaying as Robert E. Howard wrote it – savage pulp adventure battling ancient horrors in the Hyborian Age! We plan to bring the game right back to its roots, focusing on the original stories by Robert E. Howard.

Modiphius has scored a leading team of Hyborian Age scribes to chronicle these adventures including Timothy Brown (designer of the Dark Sun setting for Dungeons & Dragons), award-winning Robert E. Howard scholar and essayist Jeffrey Shanks (Conan Meets the Academy, REH: Two-Gun Raconteur, Critical Insights: Pulp Fiction, The Dark Man: The Journal of REH Studies, Zombies from the Pulps!), Jason Durall (Basic Roleplaying, Serenity, The Laundry), Mark Finn (Blood and Thunder: The Life and Art of Robert E. Howard, The Barbaric Triumph, The Dark Man: The Journal of REH Studies), Chris Lites (Paizo, Savage Worlds, Omni, Slate), and many more to be announced.

Players and GM’s alike will feel the might of the 2d20 game system, the cinematic roleplaying rules devised by Jay Little (Star Wars: Edge of the Empire) for Mutant Chronicles, and sharpened up for intense sword and sorcery action. The 2d20 system lets players experience the true pulp adventure of the CONAN stories.

Howard expert Jeffrey Shanks will approve all content, ensuring it remains true to the spirit of the source material and brings the Hyborian Age to life. World-famous CONAN artist Sanjulian (Conan Ace Paperbacks, Vampirella, Eerie, Creepy) has been commissioned, as well as Carl Critchlow (Batman/Judge Dredd, Anderson: Psi Division). Joining them are other CONAN greats such as Mark Schultz (The Coming of Conan, Xenozoic Tales, Prince Valiant), Tim Truman (Dark Horse Conan, Grimjack, Jonah Hex), Phroilan Gardner (Age of Conan, World of Warcraft), Alex Horley (Blizzard, Heavy Metal, Magic: The Gathering) and many more.

Modiphius is working with other Conan Properties licensing partners including Monolith Board Games, creator of the hit CONAN boardgame which has surpassed $2 million on Kickstarter, and Funcom, creator of the long-running, free-to-play, MMO Age of Conan. Modiphius plans some select supplements including missions designed for the Monolith boardgame, as well as floorplan tile sets allowing you to use Conan miniatures in your roleplaying adventures!

Modiphius is already working on the roleplaying corebook for Robert E. Howard’s CONAN Adventures In An Age Undreamed Of to be released this Fall. A Kickstarter is planned for the summer to fund a larger range of roleplaying supplements, campaigns, and accessories to follow the core book.

Ho, Dog Brothers and Sword Sisters! Don your mail, hone your blade, and pray to whatever fickle gods might listen. Harken to the sound of clanging steel, cries of battle, and death curses spat from bloody, frothing lips! Tread the jeweled thrones of the earth or die in towers of spider-haunted mystery. Crom cares not!

This sounds exciting!
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [Conan] Conan RPG due in August by Modiphius Entertainme

Postby Havard » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:21 am

Very exciting!

I guess that answers my question from this thread:)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Modiphius Entertainment wrote:Modiphius is working with other Conan Properties licensing partners including Monolith Board Games, creator of the hit CONAN boardgame which has surpassed $2 million on Kickstarter, and Funcom, creator of the long-running, free-to-play, MMO Age of Conan. Modiphius plans some select supplements including missions designed for the Monolith boardgame, as well as floorplan tile sets allowing you to use Conan miniatures in your roleplaying adventures!

This sounds pretty interesting.

I wonder if they are going to use Monolith Board Games's boardgame board as a dungeon. :?

I'm not so sure how easily they can work with Funcom. I guess that they could raid 3D models of buildings from the MMO and turn them into tabletop adventure locations (in a similar way to the way we talk about doing things in the Warcraft forum). I guess the MMO designers and tabletop designers could also work together to turn novel adventures into MMO quests and tabletop adventure books that follow the same path. :?

They discuss Conan miniatures, but I didn't see who was making them. Do you think they mean the boardgame minis? :?

Did you see that they are now running a public playtest of the new Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed of rules?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby shesheyan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:55 am

I'm keeping an eye open for this product. Currently reading the Conan omnibus. Its an excellent summer read !
shesheyan
Frost Giant

Postby Rhuvein » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:44 am

Excellent!
Cool!
Exciting!

Bring it!

:)

[I say . . Arnuld should make one more Conan movie!!!! :lol: ]
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Rhuvein
Hobgoblin

Postby Argentmantle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:48 am

Rhuvein wrote:[I say . . Arnuld should make one more Conan movie!!!! :lol: ]

Conan the Retired?
Argentmantle
Troll

Postby Angel Tarragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:56 am

Rhuvein wrote:[I say . . Arnuld should make one more Conan movie!!!! :lol: ]