[Kickstarter] "Beyond the Skies" is Live!

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.

Moderator: Chimpman

[Kickstarter] "Beyond the Skies" is Live!

Postby Ambreville » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:47 pm

I have the pleasure of announcing that the kickstarter page for Calidar's CC1 "Beyond the Skies" HAS GONE LIVE! We're open for business. Thanks for your patience and your support.

The link is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ambreville/calidar-beyond-the-skies

If you're new with Calidar, now's the time to look for yourself and get started at the best possible value.
Bruce Heard otherwise known as Ambreville
My Blog: Calidar on Blogspot,
Calidar Publishing on DTRPG
Calidar on Facebook, Calidar Page on G+,
Mystara on Facebook, Mystara Page on G+, Princess Ark on Facebook
Twitter @Ambreville (#Mystara #WorldOfCalidar)
Ambreville
World Soul

Re: [Kickstarter] "Beyond the Skies" is Live!

Postby Havard » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:07 am

Awesome! I am looking into my finances to see how much I can add at this time, but I will definitely be a backer of some level.

For those who do not have all the goodies from the first Kickstarter, I definitely recommend getting some of the add-ons. I got most of those last time around, but I am definitely interested in the Beyond the Skies book. :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Sturm » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:37 am

Pledged, eager to read another Calidar book!
Sturm
Black Dragon

Postby Boneguard » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:56 pm

So did I. I still need to complete my ad&d conversion though...I've been lapse.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby agathokles » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:03 pm

Same here :-)

GP
agathokles
Blue Dragon

Postby Ambreville » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Thanks everyone! :mrgreen:
Ambreville
World Soul

Postby Big Mac » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:55 am

Ambreville wrote:I have the pleasure of announcing that the kickstarter page for Calidar's CC1 "Beyond the Skies" HAS GONE LIVE! We're open for business. Thanks for your patience and your support.

The link is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ambreville/calidar-beyond-the-skies

I've not had a chance to check this out yet. Let's have a quick review of what it is about. Here is the tagline:

Calidar: Beyond the Skies Kickstarter wrote:2nd in the Calidar series, this 220+ pg compendium tells all about gods, their spirit servants, and their foes, for use with any RPG.

I was expecting this to be Calidar's answer to Spelljammer, from the name, but that sounds like it might be more like Calidar's answer to Planescape. :?

What is Beyond the Skies: Calidar: Beyond the Skies Kickstarter wrote:Second in the World of Calidar collection and for use with any RPG, this book unveils the gods of this fantasy universe. At its core lie the descriptions of pantheons for the main races and cultures of the Great Caldera, their individual deities, their mythologies, alliances, and foes. Each chapter reveals the history of the ancient peoples who summoned these gods into existence and established their cults. A significant part of this compendium details special powers mortal followers and priests can earn, based on the strengths of their piety. “Beyond the Skies” goes on to flesh out myriad servants of the gods, demons, demigods, divine cabals, the politics of pantheons and their internal rivalries, the bond between tribal shamans and Calidar’s World Soul, the spirit lords of the Dread Lands, secret societies and knightly orders among mortals, right down to death and what lies beyond.

Much like those of ancient Greece, gods interact with mortals and epic heroes in game of chess reaching past nearby planets and outer planes. However powerful they are, they face a world of dangers including another universe whose monstrous deities seek to devour all: from the masses of mortals to their divine patrons. They will not relent until, perhaps, they gobble the World Souls themselves—the magical core and the source of life of the planets in Soltan’s ephemeris. As bleak as Calidar’s future may seem, the gods fear that their deaths aren’t the worst of fates. This aspect of their peril-fraught existence is one element contributing to the dynamics of this fantasy setting, as it directly affects the players’ heroes and the realms in which they go on adventuring. This compendium is crucial as it will influence all future titles published in this series.

Hmm. This sounds a bit more like Legends and Lore than Planescape. :?

It looks like there are seven different pledge levels and several different "bits" to this Kickstarter. There are also several add-ons. I might come back and look at this later, as there are a number of different options.

Ambreville wrote:If you're new with Calidar, now's the time to look for yourself and get started at the best possible value.

I'm sure that people who missed the original Calidar Kickstarter will want to know what the "buy in" is for Calidar. It looks like you are offering a "buy in" option in the add-ons :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:56 pm

Question: Ships only to certain countries. I assume Norway is covered? :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Ambreville » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:17 am

Havard wrote:Question: Ships only to certain countries. I assume Norway is covered? :)

-Havard

It ships all over Europe, for sure, and most countries typically associated with RPGs. The biggest problem, however, is Brazil. Backing is possible from Brazil, but because of issues with their customs (mostly) and postal service (to some degree), I have to send everything there via Int'l express mail (+ insurance) or via private courier. An expensive proposition.
Ambreville
World Soul

Postby Havard » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks Bruce! I am now a backer :)

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Thorf » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Havard wrote:Thanks Bruce! I am not a backer :)

-Havard

I think you meant "now", Håvard. ;)

The "ships only to certain countries" label is a bit of a pain. It actually just means that it will calculate international shipping for you automatically, and of course all the countries where Calidar fans reside are covered. If it's set to "ships anywhere", it won't calculate postage automatically.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Postby Havard » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Thorf wrote:
Havard wrote:Thanks Bruce! I am not a backer :)

-Havard

I think you meant "now", Håvard. ;)

The "ships only to certain countries" label is a bit of a pain. It actually just means that it will calculate international shipping for you automatically, and of course all the countries where Calidar fans reside are covered. If it's set to "ships anywhere", it won't calculate postage automatically.

Waah! Worst typo ever :oops: :oops:

Yes, I am indeed a backer. Once I actually did end up backing, I did see the list of countries available. :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Ambreville wrote:The biggest problem, however, is Brazil. Backing is possible from Brazil, but because of issues with their customs (mostly) and postal service (to some degree), I have to send everything there via Int'l express mail (+ insurance) or via private courier. An expensive proposition.

That's a shame.

You would think that a country the size of Brazil could have its own branch of Lightning Source, or some other Print on Demand service company, so that books could be created locally and shipped at local rates.

The world is pretty good at supportig small publishers now, but I think a few areas have a bit of catching up to do. I hope this sort of stuff doesn't hold back Brazillian roleplaying fandom too much.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Azure Admiral » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:18 pm

Beyond the Skies is growing on the first stretch goal, 700+ $ left to step onto tier1 !
“Don’t ask for loyalty from you airship crew. Die for them instead on the sky battlefield„
Azure Admiral
Hobgoblin

Postby Yaztromo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:40 pm

I just noticed that the second stretch target has been achieved and the third looks very much achievable as well!...
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Return to The Wishing Well