[Kickstarter] Scarred Lands Pathfinder Kickstarter

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Kickstarter] Scarred Lands Pathfinder Kickstarter

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Nocturnal Media are going to launch a Kickstarter for Scarred Lands today!

Here is what I found on the official Scarred Lands page on Facebook
Scarred Lands on Facebook wrote:From the latest Onyx Path Monday Meeting notes:

Starting Tuesday the 5th, the Scarred Lands return as the Kickstarter for the new edition of Scarred Lands Players Guide goes live! Hosted on KS by our partner, Nocturnal Media, this Kickstarter is not only for a new edition but for a print run to get those new books into stores!

The Kickstarter begins at Noon CST. Link will be provided here.

http://theonyxpath.com/2015-heres-how-w ... ing-notes/
Here is what the Onyx Path 2015? Here’s How We Rolled- [Monday Meeting Notes] page has about the Kickstarter:

In the heady days of the D20 explosion, White Wolf created our own fantasy setting featuring a world devastated by the brutal war between gods and ancient titans. Starting Tuesday the 5th, the Scarred Lands return as the Kickstarter for the new edition of Scarred Lands Players Guide goes live! Hosted on KS by our partner, Nocturnal Media, this Kickstarter is not only for a new edition but for a print run to get those new books into stores!
I don't see the actual link yet. If anyone else sees it, please post the link so that we can see what's in the main goal and if there are any stretch goals.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [Kickstarter] Scarred Lands Pathfinder Kickstarter

Post by Havard » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:23 pm

Neat!

I like the cover.

I always felt that the existing Scarred Lands was presented in a way that was too DM oriented, so I think a Player's Guide is a good move. Not sure if I can afford getting into another KS right now, but this one is tempting. :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Havard wrote:Neat!

I like the cover.
You can see a better version of the cover painting on the Scarred Lands page on the Onyx Path website.
Havard wrote:I always felt that the existing Scarred Lands was presented in a way that was too DM oriented, so I think a Player's Guide is a good move. Not sure if I can afford getting into another KS right now, but this one is tempting. :)
I always felt that they made Scarred Lands up, as they went along, in order to give them an excuse to create 3rd Party Publisher books aimed at 3e D&D groups. So that could mean that they were aiming it at GM's rather than players. I think that the gazeteers are probably more player oriented than the campaign setting books.

To be honest, they could probably grab the 3e SRD, create a Scarred Lands Player's Guide, Scarred Lands GM's Guide and Scarred Lands Monster Manual from that, and simply carry on selling the existing books (with the d20 System logo removed). But I think they are making the switch to try to tap into a new player base.

I'll be interested to see if the new product line focuses more on trying to be "generic books that any Pathfinder group can raid" or if it focuses on being "a product line for Scarred Lands fans".

One thing's for sure. With this being the "second edition of Scarred Lands" they have the opportunity to fix any bugs in the original products and build on the most successful parts of the campaign setting.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:44 pm

Scarred Lands—FRPG setting in both 5e & Pathfinder editions is up!

It already has 25 backers and has taken in $1,490 of the initial $20,000 goal.

haazeven
Gnoll

Post by haazeven » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Oh yes! great to see they are aiming for both 5e and Pathfinder. And that cover looks wonderful!
My Slarecian Vault contributions - 5E resources for the Scarred Lands

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Nine days to go and they have raised $38,421 of the $20,000 goal, meaning that Scarred Lands will come back. The next stretch goal is at $40,000 USD.

Conway
Goblin

Post by Conway » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Gentlemen! My heart soars to see you guys still carrying the Scarred Lands torch. Haazeven, I still remember when just a few of us were still posting at the old Scarn.com!

The Kickstarter has hit $46K! I'm REALLY hoping for $60K. Scarred Lands Lives!

Conway
Goblin

Post by Conway » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Over $54k! Looking good!

haazeven
Gnoll

Post by haazeven » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:36 pm

60k has been reached this morning. Wouhou!
My Slarecian Vault contributions - 5E resources for the Scarred Lands

Conway
Goblin

Post by Conway » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 pm

WOOOOHOOOOO! Party time!!!

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:10 pm

haazeven wrote:60k has been reached this morning. Wouhou!
And more than 1,000 backers too. :)

I didn't see what the 1,000 backer target was for. :?

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:18 pm

I ended up not backing this, mainly due to the high shipping costs to Europe. But I hope to get a chance to pick up the 5E guide once it becomes available to non-backers.

Glad to see the Kickstarter being successful! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:39 am

Havard wrote:I ended up not backing this, mainly due to the high shipping costs to Europe. But I hope to get a chance to pick up the 5E guide once it becomes available to non-backers.
Yep. Those high international shipping costs really add to the total cost of ownership. It's a shame they couldn't arrange European Print-on-Demand printing, like DriveThru does.

I am hoping that, after the Kickstarter ends, they will put these new products up on DriveThru RPG, so that people in Europe can by them for the same price as people in the USA.
Havard wrote:Glad to see the Kickstarter being successful! :)
The Kickstarter is not the end of it.

As well as raising getting 1,017 backers to give them $67,731.00 on Kickstarter, they have also got 869 backers to give them an extra $6,318.69 on a follow up Backerkit campaign: Scarred Lands Player's Guide — Fantasy RPG setting for 5th Edition & Pathfinder.

(Mostly, it seems that they are using Backerkit to undercut the prices they are charging for 3e PDFs bought via DriveThru RPG, but there is some new stuff there.)

Return to “The Wishing Well”