[GoFundMe] DOTS Tabletop RPG Project need braille printer

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.

Moderator: Chimpman

[GoFundMe] DOTS Tabletop RPG Project need braille printer

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Frank Mentzer put me onto this. It looks pretty good.

Jack Berberette, from the DOTS Tabletop Roleplaying Gaming Project is trying to set up a service to help visually impaired people get copies of gamebooks.

He has tried to get braille books printed, but the prices that people are charging are excessive and out of the reach of gamers.

He is running a GoFundMe to try to buy a braille printer and is hoping to sell gamebooks to gaming companies at a price close to cost price. Here is what he says:
Jack Berberette at GoFundMe wrote:DOTS Braille Embossing Printer Fundraiser

Thanks you so much for taking a look at our fundraiser. The DOTS Tabletop Roleplaying Gaming Project is devoted to raising awareness in the gaming community for the need for accessible gaming books and gaming aids for the visually impaired community.

I am attempting to raise $1,800 ($1,500 for the printer $300 to cover funding fees, sales taxes, and shipping) to fund the purchase a braille embossing printer to be able to produce braille materials for visually impaired gamers. Additionally, the printer comes with a full suite of braille translation and tactile graphic design software.

Currently the printer is on sale with a $2,000 discount, and if we can purchase the printer in the next couple of weeks, the company will add in a second year warranty for free! So I have to raise the money quickly.

This is the printer, you can see the details here ( https://viewplus.com/product/vp-columbia/)

There is more on the GoFundMe page. Go take a look.
Last edited by Big Mac on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [GoFundMe] DOTS Tabletop RPG Project need braille printe

Postby ExTSR » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Jack is working with me directly on some game projects.
This is one.

Please consider donating, so we can bring Empyrea and other new RPG products to the Visually Impaired.

F
ExTSR
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:06 pm

It's on $605 of $1,800. That's a third of the way there in a day. :-)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:54 am

Jack Berberette posted this on Frank Mentzer's Facebook timeline:
Jack Berberette on Facebook wrote: ***FUNDED***

If we raise more money, we might even be able to look at braille dice!

WOOT!

To be honest, I do wish DOTS well with this, but the bulk manufacturers that put out a ton of funky dice should already be making braille dice.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to The Wishing Well