[WoD] Changeling 20th Anniversary Edition

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.

Moderator: Chimpman

[WoD] Changeling 20th Anniversary Edition

Postby Havard » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Judge us not by our seemings for we are never what we appear.
Come hither, changelings and join the dream-dance,
lest the winter come and the Dreaming pass into memory.

Recall your heritage! Let the games begin!

Twenty years ago, White Wolf published Changeling: the Dreaming, the fifth of their promised five game-lines that together comprised the World of Darkness. Seen by some as a lighter, more fantasy-based setting in the modern-day, and by others as the darkest game White Wolfhad yet created, players had to face the question of what happens once creativity and magic fades from their world.

This 20th Anniversary Edition of Changeling: the Dreaming returns to that deceptively bright yet terrifying world and both compiles and completes the concepts of the previous two editions. Led by veteran White Wolf and Onyx Path developer "Blackhat" Matt McFarland, our writing team consists of longtime Changeling creators like Ian Lemke, Jackie Cassada, Nicky Rea, and Peter Woodworth, as well as familiar names such as Holden Shearer, John Snead, Maggie Carrol, Matthew Dawkins, and Krister Michl. One and all are dedicated to making Changeling: the Dreaming Twentieth Anniversary Edition the most playable edition yet - while not losing the wonder, awe, and majesty that Changeling is known for.

• A revised and up to date look at the World of Darkness through the eyes of the Kithain - what has happened to the Dreaming in the last 20 years, and what is the state of Glamour and dreams?
  • Rules for all of the kiths including in 2nd ed, plus fan favorites from other books: selkies, piskies, clurichaun, and both Arcadian and Concordian sidhe.
  • Rules for the Gallain: The inanimae, the hsien, the Nunnehi, and others!
  • An overhauled and reimagined system for fae magic, including new Arts and the powerful but dangerous practice of Unleashing!
  • New full-color beautiful artwork as well as classic Changeling illustrations including remastered full page pieces of the kiths by Tony Diterlizzi.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/21 ... ry-Edition

Any fans of Changeling here on The Piazza? :)

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [WoD] Changeling 20th Anniversary Edition

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Never did get into it, despite having enough interest in looking into it. Actually glad now that I haven't sunk any money into it, as I am looking forward to picking up the anniversary edition when funds permit.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [WoD] Changeling 20th Anniversary Edition

Postby willpell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Of the sixteen or so WoD lines that I'm familiar with (having dropped entirely out as of the God-Machine Chronicle, so I don't know the last couple of titles, such as Beast: the Primordial), Changeling: the Dreaming is my second-least-favorite, with the only thing I care less about being Hunter: the Vigil (where you play totally ordinary mortal characters, and the lack of anything special or interesting about you is the entire point). It was a neat idea in theory, but overwhelmingly focused on a lot of things that I'm utterly not on board with, such as a creepily intense focus on the innocence of childhood, and a desire to ham it up by doing goofy method-acting things and talking in funny voices and so forth. It also had massive systemic problems, both fluff and crunch, integrating with the rest of the WoD. The amount of changes Dreaming would need to make it functional are so vast that I find myself distinctly not optimistic about this new version.
willpell
White Dragon

Return to The Wishing Well