D&D Legend Frank Mentzer’s Empyrea Kickstarter is live! An i

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Mike Myler
Entropic Half-Fiend Flail Snail

D&D Legend Frank Mentzer’s Empyrea Kickstarter is live! An i

Post by Mike Myler » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:05 am

Frank Mentzer, author of the D&D Red Box, has gathered an epic roster of industry veterans with centuries worth of experience to develop his world in the making for over 40 years: EMPYREA!

See the world he’s been brewing and the crazy pool of talent he’s drawn from the halls of RPG history! Names like Ed Greenwood (Forgotten Realms), Tracy Hickman (Dragonlance, Ravenloft), Tim Kask (Dragon Magazine), Len "Leomund" Lakofka (Lendore Isles), Steve Marsh (D&D Expert), Douglas Niles (City of Greyhawk), James M. Ward (Deities & Demigods, Gamma World), “Skip” Williams (Sage Advice, D&D 3e) brought to life by hallowed artists Liz Danforth, Jeff Easley, “Diesel” LaForce, Erol Otus, Stephen D. Sullivan, and more!

Pledge to get a map by Darlene, the Empyrea Core Book, Player’s Handbook, 3 “Little Brown Books”, quickstart backgrounds and adventures to get your group into their second home (a world that may seem normal enough at first glance...), and a system book with game rules for your favorite fantasy RPG (D&D 5E, Pathfinder, Runequest, Savage Worlds, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Castles & Crusades, Swords & Wizardy, Hackmaster, D&D BECMI, or 1E/2E) all contained in a sturdy, colorful old school box!

Check out the Kickstarter—intrigue and adventure await!

There are dozens of free PDFs for my campaign settings on my website! Veranthea Codex (a coterie of 6 diverse areas of play in one heavily detailed 380+ page Pathfinder RPG book), Hypercorps 2099 (superhero cyberpunk Pathfinder and D&D 5E), Mists of Akuma (eastern fantasy noir steampunk for D&D 5E), 2099 Wasteland (apocalyptic atomic fantasy D&D 5E), and Book of Exalted Darkness (holy decopunk and evil for D&D 5e)! Check em out!

Sturm
Green Dragon

Re: D&D Legend Frank Mentzer’s Empyrea Kickstarter is live!

Post by Sturm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:57 am

Backed! Good Luck!

Kalex the Omen
Goblin

Post by Kalex the Omen » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:42 pm

He's got my $75! Make mine 1st Edition, please!
Kalex the Omen
Dungeonmaster Extraordinaire

My DMing Style
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Fingers crossed for this one! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:26 pm

We're off to a killer start with more than $40k raised already (!!) and the rest of tonight to finish out strong on the first day!
There are dozens of free PDFs for my campaign settings on my website! Veranthea Codex (a coterie of 6 diverse areas of play in one heavily detailed 380+ page Pathfinder RPG book), Hypercorps 2099 (superhero cyberpunk Pathfinder and D&D 5E), Mists of Akuma (eastern fantasy noir steampunk for D&D 5E), 2099 Wasteland (apocalyptic atomic fantasy D&D 5E), and Book of Exalted Darkness (holy decopunk and evil for D&D 5e)! Check em out!

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:55 am

Backed! (And no, I am not the Archduke..)
I thought it was very ambitious at 250k, but seeing others like Numenera 2 hitting 400k it didn't seem so bad!

When do we pick the System? Does that come later on down the track?

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Morfie wrote:Backed! (And no, I am not the Archduke..)
I thought it was very ambitious at 250k, but seeing others like Numenera 2 hitting 400k it didn't seem so bad!

When do we pick the System? Does that come later on down the track?
Woo! Thanks Morfie! You choose your System Book (or books if you got add-ons to support more RPG systems) during the fulfillment phase through the pledge management service.

Khedrac
Ostego

Post by Khedrac » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Mike Myler wrote:
Morfie wrote:When do we pick the System? Does that come later on down the track?
Woo! Thanks Morfie! You choose your System Book (or books if you got add-ons to support more RPG systems) during the fulfillment phase through the pledge management service.
So, do we have to add the extra $10 per system book on at the start or will that add to our final bill?
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Khedrac wrote:
Mike Myler wrote:
Morfie wrote:When do we pick the System? Does that come later on down the track?
So, do we have to add the extra $10 per system book on at the start or will that add to our final bill?
It helps the Kickstarter most if you add it now and have it as credit (which you designate as being for an extra System Book during the fulfillment phase), but after the funding deadline you can increase your pledge to get more credit through the same process. :)

Khedrac
Ostego

Post by Khedrac » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:57 pm

Mike Myler wrote:It helps the Kickstarter most if you add it now and have it as credit (which you designate as being for an extra System Book during the fulfillment phase), but after the funding deadline you can increase your pledge to get more credit through the same process. :)
Ta - I will now go and pledge...
"If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it might just be a crow".

Mike Myler

Post by Mike Myler » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Frank has added a bunch of campaign setting information to the Kickstarter page! :D

Return to “The Wishing Well”