Know Direction 171: Erik Mona Starfinder/Pathfinder intervie

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Know Direction 171: Erik Mona Starfinder/Pathfinder intervie

Post by Big Mac » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Know Direction 171 – Interview with Paizo’s Erik Mona has some talk about Starfinder and Pathfinder products coming up in 2018:
Know Direction wrote:Image

What does 2018 bring for Pathfinder and Starfinder? How has the success of Starfinder gone? More comics?! Paizo’s Erik Mona joins us to talk about the future of Paizo.
I've not been following Starfinder (since finding out it is not similar to Spelljammer) so I was quite surprised to find out about the product schedule that Starfinder is getting. I thought it was going to be a one-shot. But it looks like they are doing three-part adventure paths on a regular basis...and more.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Re: Know Direction 171: Erik Mona Starfinder/Pathfinder inte

Post by Cthulhudrew » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:33 pm

They were waiting to gauge the response to SF before fully committing to a hefty schedule, but it was never intended as just a one-off. They have had a development team in place since the beginning that is separate from their PF development team. They were always intending to continue with it, at the very least as an AP line supporting the core, but the response has been so overwhelmingly positive (and exceeded expectations) that they are now moving forward with it much more aggressively.

The APs will not all be 3 parters, either. They are going to alternate between 3 and 6 parters, depending on the developers' needs for any given storyline. There's more about it here.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

Return to “The Wishing Well”