[The Strange] Myth of the Maker now an audio novel

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[The Strange] Myth of the Maker now an audio novel

Post by Big Mac » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 am

Bruce R Cordell's novel, Myth of the Maker, which is set in the universe of The Strange, got converted into an audiobook on the 22nd of February:
Amazon wrote:Myth of the Maker Paperback – 1 Apr 2017
by Bruce Cordell (Author)

Carter Morrison didn't want to kill his friends, or himself, but he had a good reason. It was them, or the end of all life on the planet. Their sacrifice saved the world. Not that anyone knew it. Until Katherine Manners stumbled over a melting man in a computer room clutching a message of doom from another world. Follow Carter Morrison, Catherine Manners, Elandine the Queen of Hazurrium, and Jason Cole - also known as the Betrayer - as they try to understand, survive, save, and in Jason's case, break free of the fictional worlds that insulate Earth from the dangers of the Strange, where world-eating monstrosities called planetovores lurk. File Under: Science Fantasy"
It looks like this novel explains the universe the RPG uses. Bruce has posted a few blog articles that give a bit more detail about the novel: There is also a Myth of the Maker page over at Monte Cook Games.

If you want a "free sample" of the book, there is a 16 minute video up on YouTube: Bruce R. Cordell Reading from Myth of the Maker:

Bruce himself, is reading the story there, but I think someone else read the audio novel.

I don't know The Strange, but I've been reading D&D novels to help me get to learn things about the various D&D worlds.

With this story being about how The Strange was discovered, I wonder if anyone who plays The Strange thinks it would be worth buying the audio book to listen to before or after game sessions.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [The Strange] Myth of the Maker now an audio novel

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:52 am

Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out!

Return to “The Wishing Well”