[Lyonesse] Design Mechanism to make Jack Vance's Lyonesse into RPG

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Loz
Goblin

[Lyonesse] Design Mechanism to make Jack Vance's Lyonesse into RPG

Post by Loz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 pm

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Split from [Mythras] Classic Fantasy topic.

We've (that is, The Design Mechanism) just made a major announcement about a new game line:

We are delighted to announce the Lyonesse roleplaying game.

Jack Vance’s high fantasy masterpiece, Lyonesse, is to be brought to life in a new roleplaying game by The Design Mechanism. Licensed and approved by Spatterlight Press, Lyonesse is a standalone game based on the acclaimed Mythras system. The Lyonesse trilogy – Suldrun’s Garden, The Green Pearl, and Madouc – tells the story of the Elder Isles, and the ambitions of King Casmir of Lyonesse to bring its fractious kingdoms under his sole rule. Casmir is opposed by Aillas of Troicinet, the lover of Casmir’s daughter, Suldrun, and father of Dhrun, a child raised among the fairies of Thripsey Shee and destined to sit on the throne Evandig, which King Casmir believes to be his own destiny.

You can read the full press release http://thedesignmechanism.com/resources ... elease.pdf.
The Design Mechanism
Publishers of Mythras
http://thedesignmechanism.com

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Lyonesse] Design Mechanism to make Jack Vance's Lyonesse into RPG

Post by Big Mac » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Wow! I've not read the Jack Vance Lyonesse Trilogy (yet) but that's too important an annoucement, to not be a topic in The Wishing Well, so I've put my moderator hat on and shunted your post over (leaving a redirect behind). :)

You might want to use your forum signature to let people know that you work for The Design Mechanism and to add one or two links that will help people find your work.

It's moved since The Piazza got upgraded. You can now click on the drop-down arrow next to your user name and then browse to:
User Control Panel > Profile > Edit signature

You can also add a forum avatar in the section below that. Some other designers have cropped pictures of people on the front of one of their product covers, but you can use any picture you want and make it easier for people to remember you.

We should probably also get you onto Havard's Celebrities on The Piazza list. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Loz
Goblin

Post by Loz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Thank you Dave. I'll get my sig amended and an avatar uploaded.

And thank you for the shout-out!
The Design Mechanism
Publishers of Mythras
http://thedesignmechanism.com

shesheyan
Fire Giant

Post by shesheyan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Interesting. I was due to read an old school book this month. I alternate between more recent and old books all the time. Lyonesse is a perfect fit. Always been a big fan of Vance. Maybe I'll buy the RPG if I like the series enough. ;)
Currently playing : Coriolis The Third Horizon • D&D5E • Want to try : BlueHolmes

Return to “The Wishing Well”