Thorf's New Patreon

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Thorf
Cartomancer

Thorf's New Patreon

Post by Thorf » Mon May 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Thorf's New Patreon

Things have changed since I started my Calidar Patreon 18 months ago. Anna Meyer has been leading the way in creating a Patreon that allows her to continue her mapping — including first and foremost her excellent Greyhawk work.

Following in her footsteps, I have spent the last few weeks carefully planning my own Patreon, designed to support not just my work on Calidar but all of my cartographic projects. Parallel to Anna, of course for me this means the Atlas of Mystara.

Two things will not change: first, my Calidar Patreon will remain, driving my efforts for that setting. Spurred on by the generous support of my patrons there, I have consistently been producing at least one and often two maps each month, and I don't want that to stop.

Second and most importantly, the way I release maps is not changing. I will continue to publish maps on my sites in the same way I have been doing.

So what's the point of this new Patreon? Well, I have written a concise description over at Patreon. But the even shorter answer is that my projects, including producing the Atlas, have never been cheap. The website and the software I use both incur regular charges, and it all adds up. It is becoming quite a worry.

Then there's the question of motivation and (for want of a better term) endurance. There is so much more that I want to achieve with my projects, but as you know I always end up having to move on to other things. My Calidar Patreon has shown that I'm quite capable of keeping up a regular monthly commitment, and I would love to be able to do this for my other projects too.

It's difficult asking for support, for all sorts of reasons. But I know how lucky I am to have such an amazing community, and I hope you will consider supporting my work, whether it's through a small pledge or just passing word along to other fans.

Thanks for reading. The first half of 2018 has proved to be one of my most productive periods ever. Here's to continuing the trend for many months and years to come! :)

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Thorf's New Patreon

Post by Havard » Mon May 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Nice! Your maps are the best Thorf!

You deserve all the support you can get! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Thorf
Cartomancer

Re: Thorf's New Patreon

Post by Thorf » Tue May 22, 2018 1:02 am

Thanks, Håvard! :D

Return to “The Wishing Well”