[KS] Eye of the Cyclops : Weird Pulp Historical Fantasy

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

[KS] Eye of the Cyclops : Weird Pulp Historical Fantasy

Post by shesheyan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Some really cool looking, classic weird-fantasy, models in this kickstarter. It comes with a 30 pages gaming booklet.
Quote :This sourcebook is my first game booklet, detailing the Cult of the Eye, a secretive Cyclops-worshipping cult that menaces the lost city, Azor. This is a 30 page system-neutral booklet, light on rules but heavy on background detail.

I'm thinking Conan and other pulp era games :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/96 ... escription

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [KS] Eye of the Cyclops : Weird Pulp Historical Fantasy

Post by Havard » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Nice! :)

I love that some of the skull figurines clearly seem inspired by the theory that Elephant skulls may have inspired the legends of the Cyclops. The art and figures look great. I also like that they have a Dire Otter as an add-on...

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:58 pm

Havard wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 pm

I love that some of the skull figurines clearly seem inspired by the theory that Elephant skulls may have inspired the legends of the Cyclops. The art and figures look great. I also like that they have a Dire Otter as an add-on...

-Havard
The Pterromen are awesome ! :ugeek:

The previous KS also had awesome weird pulp stuff :

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:50 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:58 pm
Havard wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 pm

-Havard
The Pterromen are awesome ! :ugeek:

The previous KS also had awesome weird pulp stuff :
Love the Pterromen! :)

I would probably invest more in kickstarters like this if I didn't live in a part of the world where shipping and import charges tend to pile up unless its books...

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Havard wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:50 pm
I would probably invest more in kickstarters like this if I didn't live in a part of the world where shipping and import charges tend to pile up unless its books...
-Havard
I don't pledge on most KS because of that. Paying 30$ of shipping for a RPG book of 50$ is not something I want to do...

Alxbates
Kobold

Post by Alxbates » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:15 am

Thanks for the kind words!

Conan is definitely a big inspiration for me - as is Edgar Rice Burroughs and Ray Harryhausen.

That's partly why I consider my stuff to be "pulp" rather than pure fantasy - there's nothing overtly, explicitly supernatural in the setting. Azor is the sort of land that Doc Savage could easily discover on an uncharted island, or Tarzan could encounter in a hidden valley deep in a jungle.

Obviously, that also means that it's the sort of place that could be found by Conan! But that's part of what I love about "Lost World"-type settings, they work so well for so many different things. Superheroes (The Savage Land), Space Opera (Carson of Venus!), Call of Cthulhu, weird dimensional shifts (Land of the Lost). No matter what game you're playing, you can almost always figure out a way to shoehorn a Lost City or undiscovered valley or island into it. And that lost city or valley or island or whatever is OF COURSE going to be full of prehistoric creatures, non-human races, and the degenerate descendants of a once-great human civilization...

If anyone has any questions about the setting or the range of figures or future plans, I'm happy to answer them.

-Alex in Alaska
-Forge of Ice
Making miniatures in Fairbanks, Alaska!

www.facebook.com/ForgeofIce

Alxbates
Kobold

Post by Alxbates » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 am

Havard wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:50 pm

-Havard
I do have a distributor in the UK who will be carrying everything - Fenris Games.

That should sidestep a lot of the problems with shipping and fees being so high.

That was one of the big mistakes I made with the first Kickstarter - shipping was awfully expensive, I lost money on a LOT of the international orders because shipping prices went up after the campaign ended. I was really happy when Fenris started carrying my range of figures, it solved a lot of hassles for me.

-Alex in Alaska
Making miniatures in Fairbanks, Alaska!

www.facebook.com/ForgeofIce

Return to “The Wishing Well”