Ptolus now available as POD!

Industry news, rumoured and announced new products, and discussion of games company policies.
Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Ptolus now available as POD!

Post by Princess Strega »

Part 1 / Part 2

Squee! I have the original, but I'd gladly buy it again and will at some point.

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Re: Ptolus now available as POD!

Post by rabindranath72 »

Was it 3.0 or 3.5?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Nice to see this out.

$75 each for two volumes is pretty pricy. I see that DriveThru/RPG Now seem to be near to the limits of where they can afford to go with PoD on this book. I wonder if the second hand market is cheaper than the PoD market.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

rabindranath72 wrote:Was it 3.0 or 3.5?
3.5!

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Big Mac wrote:Nice to see this out.

$75 each for two volumes is pretty pricy. I see that DriveThru/RPG Now seem to be near to the limits of where they can afford to go with PoD on this book. I wonder if the second hand market is cheaper than the PoD market.
Yeah, it does err on the side of expensive. However, this option is much cheaper than trying to get the one megaboook which often goes for $200+ on nobleknight.com in excellent+ condition.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Nice to see this out.

Yeah, it does err on the side of expensive. However, this option is much cheaper than trying to get the one megaboook which often goes for $200+ on nobleknight.com in excellent+ condition.
The one downside to PoD (if there is a downside to the format) is that they don't overproduce, so they don't end up dumping a number of books at cut price to clear the warehouse.

Still, I might pick up a second-hand copy in good condition. :twisted:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

The 2 part pod option is no longer available for purchase.

The complete book is now PoD for $150 + s/h.

Return to “The Wishing Well”