Restarting the Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project

A project to support the official Spelljammer conversion to 3rd edition rules.

Moderator: Big Mac

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Restarting the Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project

Post by Big Mac » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:52 am

I've been pretty bad and I've dropped the ball on the Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project that I started. There are other things going on, but I want to get this restarted, as I need it to be able to play 3e Spelljammer games.

I'd be interested to know if anyone is with me.

From what I could tell, the conversation about ships (and the Monsters as Characters concept) kept eating up a lot of the time that we had before, so I'm putting down a proposal to get us back on track.

First, here is a quote from the Welcome to the Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project sticky:
Big Mac wrote:The primary focus of this project is to work on the three netbooks that Beyond the Moons already has outlines for, but people are also welcome to convert things that are not listed there. (It will all need to get done eventually.)

The three netbooks that have been proposed so far are: Beyond the Moons may add additional netbooks over time. There may be a short delay between Beyond the Moons updates and corresponding updates on this page. You are advised to go directly to Beyond the Moons for the lastest updates. You may also wish to subscribe to the Spelljammer Mailing List to avoid missing any information generated by people who do not write here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tags used in thread titles

The following three thread tags will be attached to all threads used for gathering finalised content:
  • [PGtS] - Player's Guide to Spelljammer
  • [SiW] - Ships in Wildspace
  • [MoW] - Monsters of Wildspace
Other threads will not use this tags.
My proposal is that we ignore the spelljamming/space rules for the time being and work exclusively on Player's Guide to Spelljammer content (in "[PGtS]" topics) to get an "Alpha Version" of PGtS finished.

We should then skip the second book and move straight onto Monsters of Wildspace (in "[MoW]" topic) to get an "Alpha Version" of the SJ "Monster Manual" finished.

And only after those two done as "Alpha Versions" should we go back and do the ships. Finally coming around with a second pass on PGtS and MoW to add in any ship-specific rules that are needed for players...and monsters.

Is anyone else up for helping me restarting this project and getting PGtS "finished"?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

enderxenocide0
Stone Giant

Re: Restarting the Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project

Post by enderxenocide0 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:15 pm

So... I have only a little experience with Spelljammer, but a lot of 3.X experience, both in playing and DMing. I've designed a lot of content for 3.X and Pathfinder. If you'd like help on this project, I'd be really interested in it, with the caveat that I may need some Spelljammer explanations. (I've always been interested in Spelljammer, but never found an adequate reason to dig into it.)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Restarting the Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project

Post by Big Mac » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:17 pm

enderxenocide0 wrote:So... I have only a little experience with Spelljammer, but a lot of 3.X experience, both in playing and DMing. I've designed a lot of content for 3.X and Pathfinder. If you'd like help on this project, I'd be really interested in it, with the caveat that I may need some Spelljammer explanations. (I've always been interested in Spelljammer, but never found an adequate reason to dig into it.)
Sorry for the delay Ender.

If you are willing to help, that would be awesome. And you (or anyone else) can ask as many questions as you want to.

I'll try to find a time to make an outline of what is missing. We got bogged down on the ships before (and ship's are a problem) but I'd like to get the PC/NPC stuff sorted, before coming back to the ships. The vast majority of non-ship stuff should make sense to anyone who is familiar with 3e rules.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project”