Please do not clutter this thread up with chit-chat. If you want to discuss the Spelljammer Conversion process, please surf over to the [SJ3e] Spelljammer Conversion Notes Discussion thread. We will talk about your topic there and then build up a summary that we can repost in this thread.
OFFICIAL SPELLJAMMER CONVERSION
- SPELLJAMMER for D&D 3e
OFFICIAL CONVERSION DOCUMENTS
- Dungeons and Dragons Conversion Manual - Advice on converting 2nd Edition player characters, spells and monsters to the 3rd Edition rules. The page offers a free 24 page downloadable booklet (a PDF file stored inside a ZIP file).
- D&D v.3.5 Accessory Update Booklet - Advice on converting 3rd Edition player characters, spells and monsters to the 3.5 Edition rules. The page offers six free downloadable booklets (a set of PDFs file stored inside a ZIP file) or one large booklet with all the same information (a PDF file stored inside a ZIP file).
- Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Monster Update - Advice on converting 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms monsters to the 3.5 Edition rules. The page offers a free 10 page downloadable booklet (a PDF file stored inside a ZIP file). It coveres "Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting", "Monsters of Faerun", "Magic of Faerun", "Silver Marches", "City of the Spider Queen" and "Faiths & Pantheons". It also adds the Phaerimm monster race.
- Previous Edition Downloads - Downloads of TSR products where you may retain non-rules material (sometimes called fluff) when creating a conversion to 3e, as per the Classics Downloads FAQ. TSR products that are not found here can only have conversions of the game stats (sometimes called crunch).
- ESD Conversion Agreement - An agreement from Wizards of the Coast that allows conversion of 1st and 2nd Edition D&D/AD&D material into 3rd Edition D&D format (RTF file)
- Classics Downloads FAQ - FAQ from Wizards of the Coast about using the ESD Conversion Agreement with the downloads on its Classic Downloads page and TSR producs sold as PDFs.
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- Monster Conversion Notes (Creature Catalog Forums) - This thread will serve as a repository for all the "secrets" we come across while converting monsters, and as a quick link to various conversion resources.
- Greyhawk Campaign Setting - Living Greyhawk Campaign -An ongoing RPGA campaign that uses the Greyhawk Campaign Setting. Campaign documents include "595 CY Conversion Guidlines" and "Living Greyhawk Deities v2.0". Both are useful to anyone wanting to run a 3e Greyhawk campaign or a 3e Spelljammer campaign set in Greyspace.
- Spelljammer Combat in 3e D&D - Beyond the Moons hosted conversion dating from 2001
- [BETA] 3e Ship Construction and Combat Rules - Lost Spheres website archived at Beyond the Moons with a spelljammer combat system dating from 2002
- Monsters of the Void - Monster conversions at Shattered Fractine (archived at Beyond the Moons).
- Netbook of Feats - A comprehensive collection of feats that builds onto the SRD (HTML page).
- Netbook of Feats PDF - Older version of the Netbook of Feats that you can dowload (and read offline).
- Creating Spelljammer for 3rd Edition - Essay by Dragonhelm on the things that a 3rd edition conversion of Spelljammer needs.
- Pocket Reference: Creatures from the Spelljammer Setting - A list of all the Spelljammer monsters, the products they came from and the location of all conversions.
- Spelljammer for D&D 3e (Facebook) - A Facebook page to help promote resources for 3e Spelljammer gaming.
- The Hypertext d20 SRD - An online version of the System Reference Document that has been hyperlinked to allow for fast searching of the core 3.5 rules.
Further links will be added to this post over time. Please check back.