[SJ3e] Spelljammer Conversion Notes Discussion

A project to support the official Spelljammer conversion to 3rd edition rules.

Moderator: Big Mac

[SJ3e] Spelljammer Conversion Notes Discussion

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:17 pm

This thread is a discussion thread to go with the [SJ3e] Spelljammer Conversion Notes thread. We want to keep chit-chat out of that thread, so comments and discussons should be posted here.

When we have thrashed out an individual element of the SJ3e conversion fully, I will ask someone to repost the notes from that discussion into the other thread. That should help make the other thread a thread full of useful advice where people do not need to wade through comments. (If anyone does comment in the other thread, I will ask for a moderator to move it over here, to keep the other thread as short as possible.)

This thread is mainly meant for discussion about the conversion process, as it relates to the Spelljammer Campaign Setting. If we want to go into a lot of detail about a specific subject, we might want to take that off into its own thread. But please put "[SJ3e]" at the start of your subject if you do that.
Last edited by Big Mac on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Broken link fixed
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [SJ3e] Spelljamming Links

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:22 pm

There are a couple of different conversions for spelljammer ship movement. I do know about them and will hunt down the links and put them in the top post of the other thread when I have time.

I'm also going to grab the correct page of Shattered Fractine. But I've got some other things I need to take care of first.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [SJ3e] Spelljamming Links

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Big Mac wrote:There are a couple of different conversions for spelljammer ship movement. I do know about them and will hunt down the links and put them in the top post of the other thread when I have time.

I'm also going to grab the correct page of Shattered Fractine. But I've got some other things I need to take care of first.

OK. I've got the links done. If anyone else has any good links, please post them in this thread and I'll move them over to the Spelljammer Conversion Notes when I get time. (But bear in mind that edition neutral SJ links go in the Other Spelljammer Websites thread.)
Last edited by Big Mac on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broken link fixed
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [SJ3e] Spelljammer Conversion Notes Discussion

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:25 am

MODERATOR NOTE: I'll be moving this thread over to the new Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project forum tommorow.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Bidmaron » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:43 am

Mac, have we already reached a conclusion to the hull/hit points problem for 3.5 conversion? That would seem to be a good place to start, as it is fundamental to making combat work. I think our seige weapon thread reached some important conclusions, but we need to decide how damage to ships work.
Bidmaron
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:52 pm

Bidmaron wrote:Mac, have we already reached a conclusion to the hull/hit points problem for 3.5 conversion? That would seem to be a good place to start, as it is fundamental to making combat work. I think our seige weapon thread reached some important conclusions, but we need to decide how damage to ships work.

I am not sure this has been dealt with yet. I am a bit busy right now, but will try to make time tonight to create some stickies in the new forum that work as a to do list.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:30 pm

Bidmaron wrote:Mac, have we already reached a conclusion to the hull/hit points problem for 3.5 conversion? That would seem to be a good place to start, as it is fundamental to making combat work. I think our seige weapon thread reached some important conclusions, but we need to decide how damage to ships work.

OK. I've taken this conversation back to the [SJ3e] Ships as Monsters? thread. I'd like to keep all the ship discussion in one place (for now). I think we should start to work on a first draft for the bits that we think do work soon. I'm still very busy at work, but will soon be taking off five days that I carried over from the last "annual year", so I'll try to get a few things done then.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project