[Tool] Javascript D&D 3.5 Character Generator

A project to support the official Spelljammer conversion to 3rd edition rules.

Moderator: Big Mac

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Tool] Javascript D&D 3.5 Character Generator

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:08 pm

I've just passed on a link to a 3.5 character creation tool from the Secret DM (who whispers in my ear on Facebook) in the D&D 3rd Edition forum.

But as this is a tool that can be modified and put up online (with credit to the original creator) I thought it might be worth having a look at it to see if it could be turned into some sort of Beyond the Moons webpage for creating PCs with the rules we are designing for the Spelljammer 3e conversion.

I think that it would make an excellent "Web Enhancement" to go with the netbook. There is a ton of art on the Javascript character creation page, but that could be swapped for art gathered for the netbook.

Have a look and see what you think.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Tool] Javascript D&D 3.5 Character Generator

Post by Big Mac » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:28 pm

I think that it is a given that we would want to add all the following races to the tool:
  • Tinker Gnomes,
  • Lizardfolk,
  • Dracon,
  • Giff
  • Grommam,
  • Hadozee,
  • Huwaet,
  • Rastipede,
  • Scro and
  • Xixchil
But I'm actually starting to think that Spelljammer might benifit from having a set of "local races" for each sphere (i.e. we have a Realmspace tool that offers Shou Lung humans, with Oriental Adventures classes and a Krynnspace tool that offers draconians).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project”