DMG & other Optional Rules from D&D5e, to translate Dark Sun?

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.
kevperrine
Goblin

Post by kevperrine » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:29 pm

Looking to create a Dark Sun "one-sheet" of rule updates for a very very simple "conversion" of rules for D&D 5th Edition, to the world of Athas, Dark Sun. My question is... What optional rules from the DMG, PHB, and other of the many adventure modules, and Unearthed Arcana articles officially from Wizards of the Coast .... OR even adaptions from OTHER non-WotC sources for D&D5....

What optional rules should an aspiring DM for Dark Sun look at to use?

also. What basic rules of D&D 5e need to be "front and center" for Dark Sun game play??

Qualifier. I know about the style of Dark Sun, but I never played or DM'd in the setting... I would like to build a very simple one-sheet page of the changes to basic D&D5e rules for Dark Sun. I know (at basic) the *choices* for Race, Classes, and casting options WILL be a big portion of that page (perhaps a single one-sheet for those "character creation" options and a single one-sheet for general game-play rules).

I would love to stick with any "optional" rules already in the DMG (etc..) for easy translation at first, then look to adapt/create as only necessary.
Suggestions? Or even directions to conversions others have done?

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: DMG & other Optional Rules from D&D5e, to translate Dark Sun?

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:13 am

The Bone, Stone, and Obsidian podcast is the only podcast I'm aware of that exclusively focuses on Dark Sun. The most recent two episodes focused on converting Dark Sun for 5th Edition.

https://misdirectedmark.com/2019/08/08/ ... -dark-sun/
https://misdirectedmark.com/2019/11/20/ ... and-rules/

Return to “Dark Sun”