OSR Dark Sun Resources?

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

OSR Dark Sun Resources?

Postby THAC0 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:03 pm

I recently picked up Dark Dungeons and OSRIC and I was wondering if anyone had done race and class write ups for Dark Sun material in AD&D or older D&D style games. I especially love half-giants and the elves of Athas, and I always want to use them in my homebrewed world.
THAC0
Goblin

Re: OSR Dark Sun Resources?

Postby Teazia » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:09 pm

well you can pick up the actual ds material, or you go dl the free material on the official ds fan 3e site. someone posted their 2e house rules on there and it is quite complete.
Teazia
Gnoll

Postby Havard » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Teazia, do you mean the material at The Burnt World of Athas? I see that some of it can be used with multiple editions.

THAC0:
OSRIC is basically AD&D, so if you are able to get your hands on any of the TSR era published material it should be easy to use that with Dark Sun.

I am tempted to see if I can make some BECMI classes based on the unusual races/Classes of Athas though...

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Teazia » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:10 am

Linksey to the sanctioned 3e DS core book:

http://athas.org/products/ds3/documents/45

I don't think DnDclassics has the AD&D 2e files up yet, but the printed books are 99% compatible with OSRIC (you may need very minor tweaking or ignoring some the the 2e rules).

The 2e houserule file is from the Birthright santioned site, my bad.
Teazia
Gnoll

Postby THAC0 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:45 am

One of my worlds is based on X4/X5 turned into a dark fantasy universe...well, using Dark Dungeons it's going to be another planet and it'll all be monstrous humanoids and Dark Sun stuff. I want to give the players a chance to (eventually) interact with and explore a world where only the 'evil' and chaotic gods exist and monstrous humanoids ARE civilization.
THAC0
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:43 pm

THAC0 wrote:I recently picked up Dark Dungeons and OSRIC and I was wondering if anyone had done race and class write ups for Dark Sun material in AD&D or older D&D style games. I especially love half-giants and the elves of Athas, and I always want to use them in my homebrewed world.

The original product line for Dark Sun, was released during 2nd Edition AD&D. The Book-House on The Piazza has a page for Dark Sun that gives you a list of what was made (along with a gizmo to find cheap copies on Amazon.com, Amazon.ca and Amazon.co.uk). Links to buy PDFs from DMs Guild, should be going up soon, but if you get the names of things you are interested in, you can find them for yourself for now.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby XstarkillerX » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:57 pm

You can find a complete list of all things Dark Sun here.
XstarkillerX
Broccoli Golem

Return to Dark Sun