[5e] 5th Edition Dark Sun conversion

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

[5e] 5th Edition Dark Sun conversion

Postby Big Mac » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:11 pm

A 5th Edition conversion of Dark Sun has been posted on Facebook:
Gabriel Zenon Wach on Facebook wrote:After some careful deliberation, legal consultations and studious changes to my Dark Sun 5th Edition Player's Handbook, I have decided to upload it for public use here on the Dark Sun FB page, and perhaps on Reddit and other places forthcoming. I'm also going to include a 5th Edition character sheet crafted by my friend Kayla Zuromski. I'm always looking for feedback so feel free, and I hope this document serves you all well on your adventures in Athas!

Dark Sun 5th Edition Player's Handbook: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jZ_-uYQxf8NktuTHp4RTNGOHc/view?usp=sharing

Dark Sun 5th Edition Character Sheet: (It doesn't display properly until you download it)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jZ_-uYQxf8LURnZ3pRdmlwc0E/view?usp=sharing

This is just version 1.1. There will be a modified version 1.2 going up soon. Meanwhile, the credit for redkat85 is missing from this conversion:
Gabriel Zenon Wach on Facebook wrote:Oh, and just in case a user from Reddit named "redkat85" comes and sees this post, I mistakenly forgot to credit you for your ingenious Wizard Arcane Features & Defiling Rules. It will be most definitely amended in Version 1.2 which should be going up in a week or two.

I'll be interested to see how this thing evolves.
Last edited by Big Mac on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [5e] 5th Edition Dark Sun conversion

Postby Big Mac » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:54 pm

I don't see the promised 1.2 version, but I did see something better - the 2.0 version:
Gabriel Zenon Wach on Facebook wrote:It's been a few months of on and off work, but I am happy to present Version 2.0 of my 5th edition conversion for the Dark Sun Campaign Setting. Please note that this is a work in progress, and also a work of heart. Feel free to provide feedback in this group or in private message. If I used an aspect of your work and forgot to credit you, let me know. Attached below is also a custom character sheet a friend of mine made for the setting.
Enjoy, and happy gaming!

Dark Sun 5th Edition Player's Handbook V2.0: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jZ_-uYQxf8XzFpX2x6VVlicEk/view?usp=sharing

Dark Sun Character Sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jZ_-uYQxf8LURnZ3pRdmlwc0E/view?usp=sharing

Dark Sun Character Sheet (Compressed): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jZ_-uYQxf8dml5YVN0U3J5OWc/view?usp=sharing

There is more coming soon:
Gabriel Zenon Wach on Facebook wrote:I actually believe I'll be adding a House Rules section at the beginning of the next update to explain my recommended policies for the best possible game of Dark Sun. Such as alternate DMG rules on death, exhaustion, water and food use, etc.

This gets better and better. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Silverblade-T-E » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:58 am

hm! :)
-----------------------------------------------
I'd rather be a Fool who Believes in Dragons,
Than a King who believes in Nothing

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com

Spelljammer is back, oh yeah, BABY! :D
Silverblade-T-E
Storm Giant

Postby shesheyan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:19 pm

Following this thread with great interest ! DS could be my next D&D campaign.
shesheyan
Frost Giant

Postby Knightfall » Fri May 01, 2015 10:36 pm

Excellent.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Angel Tarragon » Fri May 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Wow!! Great stuff!
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Duster » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:30 pm

I hope this is not my first post :x (can't remember if I posted anything when I registered).
I'm following Piazza on the facebook and had some discussions over there and I lurk Macs' post from time to time.

Anyway, I ressurected this thread just to notify you that I started collaborating with Gabriel on the Dark Sun Players Handbook V3.0 and we're aiming for the complete rule set this time around and add some game mastering options for different campaigns in the Dark Sun (all based on the officially released content).
I just wanted to send him my almost finished 3.0 version yesterday to see what he thinks and he told me he was working on his 3.0 version and asked me if I wanted to collaborate to create something that would be even better with our combined efforts.
So, it might be even closer to being done all of a sudden. I'll post you up with some news soon...
Duster
Kobold

Return to Dark Sun