Dark Sun 4e element description?

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

Dark Sun 4e element description?

Postby Dragonhelm » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:10 pm

I am trying to find a description of the 4e elements, and I can't seem to find it. It may have been from a web article or from the Dark Sun Campaign Setting. It says something like "elements of sun, sand, fire, and wind" or some such. Basically, a way of describing the elements that was more flavorful than earth, air, fire, and water.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.
Dragonhelm
Aurak

Re: Dark Sun 4e element description?

Postby Dragonhelm » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:16 am

I found it! My Google Fu was much better tonight.

So what I was looking for came from an interview on WotC's site with James Wyatt.

Wizards of the Coast: For those players who may never have played Dark Sun in its earlier inception, can you give us a rundown of this world? How would you describe Dark Sun encapsulated, and what sets it uniquely apart from other settings?

James Wyatt:Dark Sun is a sort of post-apocalyptic fantasy, a world that’s been blasted and ravaged by out-of-control magic. The arcane magic of the world draws its power from the life force of things around it, and if it’s not wielded carefully, it can transform nearby plant life into ash and drain other living creatures of their vitality. That’s why the world is a desert, its civilizations concentrated in a handful of city-states ruled by evil sorcerer-kings and its wilderness haunted by marauding nomadic bands.

The gods of the setting are absent or dead, replaced by elemental spirits tied to the ancient primordials. Shamans and other primal characters draw on the forces of sun, sand, wind, and precious rain. Wizards practice their magic in secret or openly serve the sorcerer-kings. And psionic power is more common than on other worlds -- which is handy, since this setting will come out a few months after Player’s Handbook 3, which introduces the psionic power source.

Source: http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/forum/showthread.php?63067-New-D-amp-D-4e-setting-for-2010-Dark-Sun&p=990742&viewfull=1#post990742

This was what I was hoping to see - an alternate way of describing the elements.
Trampas Whiteman
---DragonHelm--->

Moderator for: Dragonlance. My moderator voice is Dark Red.
Dragonhelm
Aurak

Re: Dark Sun 4e element description?

Postby Havard » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:01 pm

That is pretty cool :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Return to Dark Sun