[novel] Abyssal Plague: Under the Crimson Sun

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

[novel] Abyssal Plague: Under the Crimson Sun

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:08 pm

The Abyssal Plague novel: Under the Crimson Sun has a multi-world plotline that ties Dark Sun into the rest of the D&D multiverse:
Amazon wrote:Under the Crimson Sun: Dark Sun: The Abyssal Plague (Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Sun)
by Keith R. A. DeCandido (Author)

Tharizdun, the Chanied God, has released the Voidharrow--a liquid crystal imbued with his will and all the chaos of the Abyss--into the universe, and with it comes a transformative engine of pestilence. When exposed to the Voidharrow, individuals look as though they've been stricken by disease as the Abyssal liquid twists and deforms them into chaotic demonlike creatures. Behold the Abyssal Plague!

When a trading caravan manned by grafters and con men comes across a dead man in the desert they open the door to an Abyssal realm long since destroyed. As the Voidharrow takes hold of one of their companions, he begins to morph into a beast like none they have ever seen.

When the stakes are raised in an attempt to defraud some of the more unsavory rulers of this cruel world, the Voidharrow comes to play a role in a move that could transform our heroes forever.

Has anyone read this?

What sort of multi-world events are introduced in this novel?

What sort of events that are specific to Dark Sun are introduced?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [novel] Abyssal Plague: Under the Crimson Sun

Postby apotheot » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:07 am

Listened to it many moons ago. It didn't leave enough of an impression for me to talk about it with any authority. Was rather vanilla. The reviews are worth reading though...http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantas ... 638&sr=1-1

UPDATE: Put it back on my Ipod to listen to again one of these days.
Last edited by apotheot on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
apotheot
Ogre

Postby Tim Baker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:56 am

Perhaps Zeromaru X can help with this. I pinged him on another thread.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Zeromaru X » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:42 am

Sadly I don't have that novel, neither the ones set in the Forgotten Realms. I only have the main trilogy, the one that happens in the Nentir Vale.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Silverblade-T-E » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:42 am

So so, alas
-----------------------------------------------
I'd rather be a Fool who Believes in Dragons,
Than a King who believes in Nothing

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com

Spelljammer is back, oh yeah, BABY! :D
Silverblade-T-E
Storm Giant

Postby Angel Tarragon » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:03 pm

Silverblade-T-E wrote:So so, alas
Alas, a lack. :P
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:23 am

apotheot wrote:The reviews are worth reading though...http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantas ... 638&sr=1-1

Sadly, I can't read those reviews. They are trying to force people to set up an account.

apotheot wrote:UPDATE: Put it back on my Ipod to listen to again one of these days.

:)

Maybe you will be able to share your thoughts if you get time to listen to this.

I would also be happy to hear the opinions of people who have not read other Dark Sun novels. Sometimes hearing from a newbie (who can tell you if the book was full of stuff that wasn't explained) can be useful.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby apotheot » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Should be similar to the ones on amazon.com (or amazon.co.uk). But I hope to get back around to having it as my 'book to listen to at work' in september or so. Will take more notes.
-Apotheot
apotheot
Ogre

Postby Tim Baker » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:11 am

Big Mac wrote:Sadly, I can't read those reviews. They are trying to force people to set up an account.

I don't have an account, and it's allowing me to read the reviews. Maybe try logging into your Amazon account before clicking the link, since Amazon owns Audible?
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Big Mac » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:27 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Sadly, I can't read those reviews. They are trying to force people to set up an account.

I don't have an account, and it's allowing me to read the reviews. Maybe try logging into your Amazon account before clicking the link, since Amazon owns Audible?

Thanks. It's working now.

I think the issue might have been that the link (here) was a link to Audible.com and Audible.com was trying to push me over to Audible.co.uk, instead of linking up with my Amazon.com account.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Dark Sun