Will Athas.Org participate?

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

Will Athas.Org participate?

Postby Duke5150 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Will athas.org participate on these boards or what? Will anyone shoot them a link to this site so they can let us know when new material is released? Would be great to have the heavy hitters on here so none of us Darksun fans miss out on anything or are forced to have to check wotc boards and search through all the madness.

Thanks!
Long Live Dragonlance and The Nexus.
Duke5150
Goblin

Re: Will Athas.Org participate?

Postby Pennarin » Sun May 25, 2008 10:42 pm

Well, I'm here...heh :mrgreen:

Athas.org has been informed of this site's existence through the private mailing list, so was an appropriately-named thread opened over at WotC's Other Published Worlds forum (and containing a link to Piazza).
Templarate member at athas.org

Fourth Champion of Quebec, the French Flamer

Come visit the official 3rd Edition Dark Sun website, The Burnt World of Athas, for free 3.5 rules.
Pennarin
Kobold

Postby Duke5150 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:31 am

Awesome! Glad to see you here. Hope you become a regular as you guys always add a very great addition to any darksun discussion. Also please post any updates on projects and releases from athas.org here too so we don't miss out.

Thanks a bunch!
Long Live Dragonlance and The Nexus.
Duke5150
Goblin

Postby Hugin » Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Pennarin wrote:Well, I'm here...heh :mrgreen:

Athas.org has been informed of this site's existence through the private mailing list, so was an appropriately-named thread opened over at WotC's Other Published Worlds forum (and containing a link to Piazza).

Thanks for getting the word out. I hope the Dark Sun fans find room for at least some of their postings to be put here.
Hugin
Green Dragon

Postby Kamelion » Thu May 29, 2008 5:46 pm

Pennarin wrote:Well, I'm here...heh :mrgreen:

Yeah, but you don't wanna listen to anything this guy has to say. He's a hack.

:mrgreen:

(Hiya Penn! How ya doing buddy?)

There's also a DS forum being set up through athas.org's own website, but it's still in its infancy. The more the merrier at this state, I say. Once things settle down a bit, folks will naturally gravitate to whatever best suits there needs. Either way, a big thumbs up for taking the initiative and opening the doors of the Piazza to refugees from across the Multiverse!
The name that can be named is not the true name.
Kamelion
Goblin

Postby flip » Fri May 30, 2008 4:04 am

I'll certainly poke in from time to time. I've been running pretty busy for a while, and (full disclosure) I'm the one implementing the forum that Kame is referring to. I'm still trying to figure out exactly where it's going to go, so ...
flip
Kobold

Postby Gawain_VIII » Fri May 30, 2008 4:14 am

<-- Begin Shameless Promotion on Ashtagon's Behalf -->
Well, since this one is already set up and running full speed ahead... why not save yourself the headache and just link Athas to here? I mean, the infrastructure is already in place... I'm certain Ashtagon would have no problem providing you (and the other setting leads) with moderator access for your specific worlds...

And the best part of all is that if you join us here, intraplanetary communication would be extensively simple and rapid... Well, maybe not DS, since Athas is explicitly absent from both the classic D&D Multiverse or the AD&D Great Wheel--but still...

*aims repeating crossbow* Join now or die!
<!-- End Shameless Promotion on Ashtagon's Behalf -->

Waiting to converse,
Roger
"Time does not heal all things--only swift and decisive action does." --Roger LaVern Girtman, II, 17 April 2010
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Classic Campaigns, my Mystara fansite
Moderator of The Piazza's Mystara and M3e Project forums.
Gawain_VIII
Storm Giant

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:50 am

Gawain_VIII wrote:Well, maybe not DS, since Athas is explicitly absent from both the classic D&D Multiverse or the AD&D Great Wheel--but still...

That isn't entirely true. The Complete Spacefarer's Handbook says: "The current inhabitants of Athas have no knowledge of spelljamming." Why would the word "current" be in there if it wasn't for the fact that the past inhabitants did have knowledge.
:)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Loki » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:57 pm

Also: I was just digging through the classic Planescape tome the other day : Guide to the Astral.

While doing so I did run across mention of Athasian npcs in the planes. I'l look it up and post it once I get an opportunity.
Loki
Planewalker, Section Manager
http://www.planewalker.com
Spelljammer, Contributing Developer
http://spelljammer.org
Spelljammer Yahoo Group, List Ogre
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/spelljammer/
Planejammer, DM
http://planejammer.com
Loki
Goblin

Postby Pennarin » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:05 pm

In fact we've all switched to http://arena.athas.org/, except for a few stragglers still over at the Other Worlds Forums ;)

Come visit the official 3rd Edition Dark Sun website, The Burnt World of Athas, for free 3.5 rules.
Pennarin
Kobold

Postby Hugin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Pennarin wrote:In fact we've all switched to http://arena.athas.org/, except for a few stragglers still over at the Other Worlds Forums ;)

I hope you guys still pop in here once and a while. At least keep us up to date on any new fan developments!
Hugin
Green Dragon

Postby Pennarin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm attempting to write a 4e DS adventure pre-DS4 release, so if it pans out I'll tell you guys and you can try it out for playtesting and eventually it will be upgraded with the early DS4 rules to further help with playtest.
What I suggest in these cases is to run the same adventure over and over again, each time with a new temporary gaming group. That way it's not boring for the DM and you get immense data from all the novel ideas imagined by the players and the weird situations that arise.

All of the current monsters used in the adventure, and not found in the MM, are posted for download at ENWorld here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread ... ost4387587

Feedback would be appreciated. Please post feedback and comments on Arena in this thread: http://arena.athas.org/forums/ds-4/topi ... ter-thread

Pennarin
Kobold

Return to Dark Sun