30 Days of Dark Sun 23: What is your favorite adventure?

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

Which Dark Sun adventure module do you like most?

2401 DS1 Freedom
33%
2406 DSQ1 Road to Urik
No votes
2410 DSQ2 Arcane Shadows
No votes
2412 DSQ3 Asticlian Gambit
No votes
2416 DSE1 Dragon’s Crown
No votes
2428 (DSE2) Black Spine
33%
2417 DSM1 Black Flames
No votes
2421 DSM2 Merchant Houses of Amketch
No votes
2424 DSM3 Marauders of Nibenay
No votes
2430 Forest Maker
33%

Total votes : 3

30 Days of Dark Sun 23: What is your favorite adventure?

Postby Big Mac » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:09 am

It's the Dark Sun 25th Anniversary and The Burnt World of Athas (aka Athas.org) is celbrating with "30 Days of Dark Sun".

Here is what Athas.org is doing for Day 23: 30 Days of Dark Sun 23: What is your favorite adventure?

I have always turned to the big products, when people talk about adventures, but Raddu went for Raiders of the Chanth from Dungeon Magazine issue 44. From the way he described it, it actually sounds pretty awesome. Does anyone else like that? Or do you prefer the bigger adventures in the main product line?

Does anyone make their own homebrew Dark Sun adventures? What do you use for your inspiration?
Last edited by Big Mac on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: 30 Days of Dark Sun 23: What is your favorite adventure?

Postby agathokles » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:30 am

I do like the big adventures. The Prism Pentad, of course, but also Dragon Crown. I especially like Road to Urik, for it reminds me of Mystara's Hulean war series.

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon

Postby Zeromaru X » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:50 pm

I didn't played the 2e Dark Sun, so I'm limited to 4e in this particular case. The Ashes of Athas adventure path (some sort of "Living Dark Sun" in 4e) was my fave of the published ones I've played.

Beyond that, I've bought Freedom, and I like what I've read so far. I'm going to convert it some day.
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Tim Baker » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:15 am

I haven't run any of the 2e adventures. I enjoyed the short-but-deadly Bloodsand Arena for 4e. It was a one-shot that highlighted some of the ways you can make 4e's tactical combat interesting and exciting. The other two pillars of role-playing were all but missing, but as a series of tactical skirmishes, it was a lot of fun.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Lord Torath » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:50 am

I put down Dragon's Crown as my favorite, although I've only played it half-way through. Black Flames was pretty good, too. We had a great time looting the palace before we found the scroll. Best treasure was the library with books and scrolls on becoming dragons and avangions. The several bags of gems and gold we grabbed were also nice.
Lord Torath
Ogre

Postby Jayce » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:34 pm

I'd have to go with Dragon's Crown. It was a epic length campaign that provided the perfect capstone to the first series of adventure modules. Road To Urik was also pretty good - I liked that the city parts were relatively open ended and sand boxy.

The introductory adventure ("A Little Knowledge I believe?) in the original box, while brief, was also pretty good in that regard. The elven fortress of Tuga-Dai is still visited every once in a while by our PCs when we play Dark Sun (which has unfortunately become rare =\)
Jayce
Hobgoblin

Return to Dark Sun