30 Days of Dark Sun 24: What’s your favorite accessory?

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

30 Days of Dark Sun 24: What’s your favorite accessory?

Postby Big Mac » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:21 pm

It's the Dark Sun 25th Anniversary and The Burnt World of Athas (aka Athas.org) is celbrating with "30 Days of Dark Sun".

Here is what Athas.org is doing for Day 24: 30 Days of Dark Sun 24: What’s your favorite accessory?

I didn't have the cash to go beyond the original Dark Sun boxed set, back when it came out, so I'll be really interested to hear your suggestions for this one. Raddu said that, after a lot of problems choosing between good options, that he thought that DSR2 Dune Trader was his favourite. Do you agree with him or do you have a different preference?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: 30 Days of Dark Sun 24: What’s your favorite accessory?

Postby Zeromaru X » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:40 pm

I didn't played the 2e Dark Sun, so I don't have any. There were no accessories in 4e (unless you count the Creature Catalog as one).
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby agathokles » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Difficult choice. There are many, and most of them are good. I particularly like The Will and the Way, but the other class splat books are equally good.

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon

Postby ripvanwormer » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Thri-Kreen of Athas, a detailed look at an important D&D creature, applicable to other campaign settings.
ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:21 am

Zeromaru X wrote:I didn't played the 2e Dark Sun, so I don't have any. There were no accessories in 4e (unless you count the Creature Catalog as one).

I didn't really follow the 4th Edition Dark Sun product line (or hang out with enough fans as I would have liked to have). Was there any effort to create 4e conversions of the 2nd Edition Dark Sun products? Or did 4e Dark Sun fans wait for WotC to publish new versions of old stuff?

If you could play "Fantasy D&D product" and get any one (and only one) of the 2e Dark Sun accessories turned into a 4e netbook, which one would you think might be most useful to 4th Edition fans?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Zeromaru X » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:31 pm

As of today, I don't have found any conversion of older products. The only thing close is this website (that was really useful, because I learned of a lot of 2e DS stuff thanks to this site, but isn't a conversion).
Zeromaru X
The Elder Wizard

Postby Tim Baker » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:23 am

In addition to The Will and the Way, which agathokles mentioned, I also liked Earth, Air, Fire and Water and Defilers and Preservers.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Postby Lord Torath » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:04 am

The Will and the Way, and Thri-Kreen of Athas are my favorites. Veiled Alliance was pretty good, but I liked Earth, Air, Fire, and Water better.

Elves of Athas introduced the elvish language, which was explicitly NOT a thing that existed in the original boxed set.
Lord Torath
Ogre

Return to Dark Sun