30 Days of Dark Sun 30: Favorite personal Dark Sun story

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

30 Days of Dark Sun 30: Favorite personal Dark Sun story

Postby Big Mac » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:06 pm

It's the Dark Sun 25th Anniversary and The Burnt World of Athas (aka Athas.org) is celbrating with "30 Days of Dark Sun".

Here is what Athas.org is doing for Day 30: 30 Days of Dark Sun 30: What’s your favorite personal Dark Sun story?

Raddu wrote some of the best Dark Sun moments he has had over 25 years, which is both cheating and awesome.

I think my best moment was finding out that The Crimson Sun existed. ;)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: 30 Days of Dark Sun 30: Favorite personal Dark Sun story

Postby Tim Baker » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:09 am

My favorite Dark Sun moment was the climactic ending to the Bloodsand Arena one-shot I ran. It was the one and only TPK I've experienced in 4e, and I couldn't have scripted it better if I'd tried. It all came down to a final roll, and I rolled well. I described the last moments from the perspective of the fading consciousness of the last gladiator to fall. The players sat in stunned silence for a few moments, and then agreed that it was awesome. It highlighted the deadly nature of Athas.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Return to Dark Sun