[2e] Half-giant's hit points

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

[2e] Half-giant's hit points

Postby zontoxira » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Dragon magazine #319, along with #315, were the official attempts of converting Dark Sun into 3e. While inspirational and creative, the writers mentioned something that piqued my curiosity: half-giants got d12s for Hit Dice, regardless of class (pg 18). While that's one interesting take for balancing out the otherwise broken mechanic, I can't for the life of me confirm that such a ruling existed. Both Original and Revised settings state that half-giants gain double their hit points at each level. Has anyone stumbled upon that ruling?
Have a look at my Dark Sun Reconstruction Project at Homebrewery or Dark Sun 5e files at Google Drive
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo
zontoxira
Hobgoblin

Re: [2e] Half-giant's hit points

Postby Boneguard » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 pm

That sounds like a rule they made up for the conversion to 3rd Ed. that is not supported by anything other than "'Cuz rules balance".
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby zontoxira » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:21 pm

The way it was written looks as if the features of half-giants had already been revised, and the writer of the article was just mentioning that extra rule.
I wonder if a Dark Sun errata, or something relevant, was published, addressing some of the technical issues.
Have a look at my Dark Sun Reconstruction Project at Homebrewery or Dark Sun 5e files at Google Drive
---
Cager extraordinaire, at your service!
---
"There are no saints in the animal kingdom. Only breakfast, and dinner." - Lorne Malvo
zontoxira
Hobgoblin

Postby Boneguard » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:00 pm

If it is, which I doubt, it would be from some obscure book as I have most of the Dark Sun line and both core boxset and that's not in there.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Return to Dark Sun