Page 1 of 1

Mike Mearl's twitter post about Dark Sun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:48 am
by zontoxira
You can see it here.

Re: Mike Mearls' twitter post about Dark Sun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:00 pm
by Big Mac
zontoxira wrote:You can see it here.


Here is what Mike said:
Mike Mearls on Twitter wrote:Took a short vacation. Might have designed everything I need to run a 5e Dark Sun campaign. As one does.


He then said this:
Mike Mearls on Twitter wrote:The original Dark Sun boxed set is a master class in world design. Kudos to @TDenningauthor and Tim Brown.

Re: Mike Mearl's twitter post about Dark Sun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:32 pm
by Zeromaru X
I hope this means they are working on something official and not a house campaign. If the second, hope he shares his notes. :P

Re: Mike Mearl's twitter post about Dark Sun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:41 pm
by Tim Baker
Zeromaru X wrote:I hope this means they are working on something official and not a house campaign. If the second, hope he shares his notes. :P

I seem to recall that Mike Mearls tweeted about a Spelljammer game he was running, and got my hopes up once before. Then he shared his Greyhawk Initiative system, which raised suspicions that Greyhawk would see support next. At this point, I'll be cautiously optimistic without getting excited about tweets like these. :)

Re: Mike Mearl's twitter post about Dark Sun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:57 am
by Morfie
I wouldn't read too much into his twitter posts.

Otherwise we are potentially getting D&D versions of Stranger Things, Sherlock Holmes, Golden Girls, Sesame St, Dogs, Cats, Toddlers, Pancakes, and Endless Quest gamebooks are coming back.

Re: Mike Mearl's twitter post about Dark Sun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:30 am
by Tim Baker
Morfie wrote:I wouldn't read too much into his twitter posts.

Otherwise we are potentially getting D&D versions of Stranger Things, Sherlock Holmes, Golden Girls, Sesame St, Dogs, Cats, Toddlers, Pancakes, and Endless Quest gamebooks are coming back.

#truedndfacts

Re: Mike Mearl's twitter post about Dark Sun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:39 am
by RobJN
Wake me up when he gets to the Known World/Mystara.....

Re: Mike Mearl's twitter post about Dark Sun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:35 am
by zontoxira
Morfie wrote:D&D versions of Stranger Things

You mean playing as kids who play D&D?

RobJN wrote:Wake me up when he gets to the Known World/Mystara.....

That'd be a brilliant thing to see. But then, Mystara can be easily converted, no?