Gen Con 1997

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.
apotheot
Ogre

Gen Con 1997

Post by apotheot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:33 pm

I recently found this article in the Burntworld archives:http://athas.org/articles/GenCon-1997?f ... coymM58MOk

This leads to the questions? Did anyone play or run Death Duels on Athas? What was it about?

How about the 2nd ed versions of Dregoth Ascending....how does it compare with the version Athas.org put out.

Does the 2e version of Secrets of the Dead Lands have anything interesting in it?
-Apotheot

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Gen Con 1997

Post by Big Mac » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 pm

I can't find anything online about "Death Duels on Athas" except that Burnt World of Athas page.

I wonder if I can ping Raddu. He wrote that page so (unless he was quoting a report from someone else) he might be able to tell you something about it.

The page does say that there are adventures that are lost to time. Maybe this does not exist any more. :-(
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

apotheot
Ogre

Post by apotheot » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Am pretty sure Raddu just hosted the report as it was written by someone with the handle Draloric of Tyr. I posted this question on the FB fan page and Raddu's only response was to like it.

Raddu
Goblin

Post by Raddu » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:18 pm

I didn't write it, just posted it for Draloric.

I'm currently in search of several of the old RPGA/convention adventures that were released in the 90's. However, I've learned that many of them never made it to TSR/Wizards and were often only distributed to the DMs who ran them physically. As a result the authors themselves rarely have them in physical or digital form as they've switched many computers since then.
Founder of Image
@Raddu76

apotheot
Ogre

Post by apotheot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:21 am

Raddu wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:18 pm
I didn't write it, just posted it for Draloric.

I'm currently in search of several of the old RPGA/convention adventures that were released in the 90's. However, I've learned that many of them never made it to TSR/Wizards and were often only distributed to the DMs who ran them physically. As a result the authors themselves rarely have them in physical or digital form as they've switched many computers since then.
Welcome to the hunt. Yeah, those are just a drop in the bucket or the problems for finding old RPGA adventures. Getting things in digital format that are from programs such as Word Perfect that don't even exist anymore and cannot be converted is always fun. I got one a few years ago that was entirely written in AOLNotes.....I had to convert that through three different formats to get something I could read, then fix all the formatting errors by hand.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:10 am

Do you mean that, beyond Ashes of Athas viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10633 there is more?
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Return to “Dark Sun”