Dark Sun-Pathfinder conversions?

Athas and the sorcerer-kings.
The Book-House: Find Dark Sun products.

Moderator: Idabrius

Dark Sun-Pathfinder conversions?

Postby Freedom92 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm wondering if there are any pathfinder conversions for pathfinder and if so can you link them to me? As much as I love Dark Sun I'm not much a fan of the 4th edition build that actually make the Blue Age essentially non-existent.
Freedom92
Bugbear

Re: Dark Sun-Pathfinder conversions?

Postby Angel Tarragon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 am

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Freedom92 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:11 am

Thanks Twin Agate Dragons, I've got the 3.5 pdfs so the idea of conversions dont seem a problem. I was looking to find more pathfinder conversions or ideas how to place certain classes from pathfinder into Athas.
Freedom92
Bugbear

Postby Freedom92 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Since this isn't exactly being active I'll toss some ideas out. I'll start with classes, psionic, divine, and arcane, and material that are presented in Pathfinder.

With the addition of the Dread, Vitalist, and Tactician, and marksmen psionic's are not much different. The Vitalist is a common form of psionics in the Blue Age, the few rhulisti and rhul-thaun who can manifest psionics mutations, the Dread is considered a Taboo among the Rhulisti and there Rhul-Thaun ancestors. Dreads are said to hail to alien 'gods' who inhabit the dark places of Athas, modern members of the Veiled Alliance think of these things as just possible sorcerer kings granting 'divine' psionic power or mindlords who existed in the blue or green age. Though these 'gods' may actually be psionic or primordial entities who live on the material plane like the so called Gods of Athas, the Sorcerer Kings but these Outer Beings seem to be far more ancient possibly from the Blue Age or the Age before that.Tacticians are a strange group, militaristic unlike any other psionicist o Athas, theyre seen often in the gladiator pits disguising their powers as just good leadership. Marksmen though are a strange bunch, so mundane but so rare like the Soulknives.

Arcane magic function on Athas as it always has, defiling and preserving but there is a odd case. The Alchemist, does not invoke the process of defiling and preserving, they're a strange breed of arcane scientist whose magic comes from within and their magical knacks follow a set 'formula' so no spell can go out of bounds. A strange breed of conjurers has appeared recently since the events that shook Athas, Rajaat returning and the War of the Monarchs. These mutant conjurers are Summoners, they create guardians from 'stuff' or they existed before creation but outside the few cabals nothing is known of them. Witches are a strange group of preservers, few ever become defilers and their 'patrons' and familiars reflect that. Magus, they are the spells and swords of the sorcerer kinds and the Veiled Alliance and they come from all walks of life.

Divine magic functions as it always have, powered by the land spirits and the elemental spirits. Many elemental clerics are now hybrids of spirit and flesh. Though the Oracle has recently appeared with its strange magics. Most are seen serving elemental cults or sorcerer kings, often seen using magic similar to Templar and Elemental Priest. Inquisitors are often seen with Templar hunting rogue defilers and preservers for their masters.Druids have stood as sentinels as always watching over their groves and trying to preserve what beauty is left in Athas.

Material Classes, all material classes exist as they always have with little changes.
Freedom92
Bugbear

Return to Dark Sun