Days of Thunder (as an Arcane Age setting)?

Netheril: flying cities, ancient scrolls written on gold leaf, and just a little bit of hubris.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Days of Thunder (as an Arcane Age setting)?

Post by Big Mac » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:09 pm

I was looking on Forgotten Realms Wiki and saw there was a very early era, called the Days of Thunder.

The era is very different from the original (1e) Forgotten Realms, let alone the 2e, 3e, 4e and 5e versions of the Realms.

Players could maybe run PCs from one of the creator races or from the apelike ancestors of humans. :D

Part of the Days of Thunder period is set before Ao split Abeir-Toril into two worlds, so it might be possible to use some 4th Edition stuff to represent the stuff that was banished along with Abeir.

But would anyone be interested in this sort of period?

And - more importantly - is there actually enough canon to make a game set in the Days of Thunder viable?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Sturm
Green Dragon

Re: Days of Thunder (as an Arcane Age setting)?

Post by Sturm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:24 am

I would be interested in running an adventure there, but I'm pretty sure canon has not enough details to sustain a campaign, but it could be viable to set a short adventure, a mini campaign or a flashback in which the PCs find themselves in the bodies of their ancestors.
I believe the Wiki article gathers more or less all existing canon on the period, which is only mentioned briefly in some supplements mostly the Grand History, Serpent Kingdoms and Dragons of Faerun, I think.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:43 am

My 1st thought was this was about the 90's movie.. :oops: :lol:

Digitalelf
Hobgoblin

Post by Digitalelf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:20 am

Big Mac wrote:the Days of Thunder period is set before Ao split Abeir-Toril into two worlds
It's sad that this is a thing... At best, it smacks of lazy game designers who never bothered to check the already "official canon", or at worst, game designers who knew the "official canon", but didn't care about it and chose to ignore it.

[/end rant] :ugeek:
-That One Digitalelf Fellow-

Return to “Arcane Age”