How useful is Anauroch: The Empire of Shade for Arcane Age gaming?

Netheril: flying cities, ancient scrolls written on gold leaf, and just a little bit of hubris.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

How useful is Anauroch: The Empire of Shade for Arcane Age gaming?

Post by Big Mac »

Anauroch: The Empire of Shade is set towards the end of the 3rd Edition Era, but it is based in the land where the former lands of Netheril were located and deals with the attempt by a returned Netherese faction (albeit a transformed one) to take over Faerûn.

So I'm already thinking that the adventure itself, might not be good in an Arcane Age game...

... but I'm also wondering how many of the elements of the adventure, that give you hints of the past, are Netherese elements that are new to this book.

(New Netherese content might also be useful for a 1st Edition Era, 2nd Edition Era or early 3rd Edition Era game that is set in the Anaroch area. I'm also wondering if it would be good inspiration for designing the remains of ancient lost Netherese colonies in Realmspace.)

Has anyone ever gone through this book and deconstructed it, to see how well it works as a sourcebook, instead of an adventure?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Arcane Age”