Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves era - any fan expansion?

Netheril: flying cities, ancient scrolls written on gold leaf, and just a little bit of hubris.

Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves era - any fan expansion?

Postby Big Mac » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Does anyone know of any fan material that expands upon the Arcane Age Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves product?

I would be most interested in seeing what is going on with the rest of Faerun, but material that deals with the history of other FR subsettings would also be great (for a world-spanning campaign).

Maps (especially in the 3e FR cartographic style) would also be something I'd love to see.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves era - any fan expansion?

Postby Knightfall » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 pm

I found this on Candlekeep...

Myth Drannor: Past, Present and Future
Collected lore detailing various sites within Myth Drannor over the ages - By Randy Neighbours
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
Green Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:26 pm

Thanks for that. Is there a doorway page, at Candleep, that gives more information?
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Alzrius » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:49 pm

It's not a fan expansion, but there was a very short RPGA module set in Cormanthyr - a friend of mine acquired a copy of it, and let me make a photocopy.
Alzrius
Gnoll

Postby night_druid » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:58 pm

You have seen Snowblood's work, correct?

Lost Empires of Faerun I think is the best resource for that era, at least in broad terms. I'm not sure of any fan-products that cover that era beyond Snowblood's stuff.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green
night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Postby ghendar » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:35 pm

night_druid wrote:You have seen Snowblood's work, correct?

Lost Empires of Faerun I think is the best resource for that era, at least in broad terms. I'm not sure of any fan-products that cover that era beyond Snowblood's stuff.

Lost Empires of Faerun is a great resource.
Carpe Diem = Seize the day. Carp In Denim = Fish in pants.
Carpe DM. A phrase I don't want to hear, unless it's being uttered by an attractive female gamer.
ghendar
Hill Giant

Postby Boneguard » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:48 am

Alzrius wrote:It's not a fan expansion, but there was a very short RPGA module set in Cormanthyr - a friend of mine acquired a copy of it, and let me make a photocopy.

What's the name of that Adventure?
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread
Boneguard
Frost Giant

Postby Alzrius » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:00 am

Boneguard wrote:
Alzrius wrote:It's not a fan expansion, but there was a very short RPGA module set in Cormanthyr - a friend of mine acquired a copy of it, and let me make a photocopy.

What's the name of that Adventure?

Sorry for the delay. The title is "The Fallen Archmage."

Underneath that, it has the subtitle "An RPGA ADVENTURER'S GUILD ARCANE AGE: Cormanthyr Tournament set in the FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Setting."

The listed copyright is 1998, the same year that Arcane Age: Cormanthyr came out.
Alzrius
Gnoll

Postby Big Mac » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:37 am

Sorry, I missed these updates and just found I'd ignored them. :oops:

I wish they would put some of those RPGA modules up on D&D Classics.

night_druid wrote:You have seen Snowblood's work, correct?

Who is Snowblood? :?

night_druid wrote:Lost Empires of Faerun I think is the best resource for that era, at least in broad terms. I'm not sure of any fan-products that cover that era beyond Snowblood's stuff.

It took me a while, but I did eventually get a copy of Lost Empires of Faerûn. It's a good book. It's not quite an Arcane Age book for 3e, but I think it is the next best thing.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby night_druid » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:20 am

Big Mac wrote:Who is Snowblood? :?

Guy on Candlekeep who has created source books for every FR elven realm of history.

It took me a while, but I did eventually get a copy of Lost Empires of Faerûn. It's a good book. It's not quite an Arcane Age book for 3e, but I think it is the next best thing.

Yeah, its a broad overview, but if you want to actually run an Arcane Age campaign, you'd probably need to make a lot of it up yourself.
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green
night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Postby Big Mac » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:51 am

night_druid wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Who is Snowblood? :?

Guy on Candlekeep who has created source books for every FR elven realm of history.

That sounds awesome. :)

Maybe we should get a list of Snowblood's elven history sourcebooks to the Other Arcane Age Websites (& Free Downloads) sticky.

night_druid wrote:
Big Mac wrote:It took me a while, but I did eventually get a copy of Lost Empires of Faerûn. It's a good book. It's not quite an Arcane Age book for 3e, but I think it is the next best thing.

Yeah, its a broad overview, but if you want to actually run an Arcane Age campaign, you'd probably need to make a lot of it up yourself.

I think you're right. It's possible that Grand History of the Realms might help a bit, but that only gives a tiny amount of detail per year.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby apotheot » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:12 am

This is a pretty good one for Myth Ondath. http://phasai.deviantart.com/art/Myth-O ... -134686433
apotheot
Bugbear

Postby Big Mac » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:00 am

apotheot wrote:This is a pretty good one for Myth Ondath. http://phasai.deviantart.com/art/Myth-O ... -134686433

Wow! I didn't find that netbook back in 2012, when I was origially looking for this stuff.

Thanks for the heads up on "Myth Ondath & The Rystall Wood"! :cool:
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Arcane Age