Character Builder custom files for Mystara now available

The oldest setting with the newest rules.

Re: Character Builder custom files for Mystara now available

Postby Dwk3 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 pm

With the recent Essentials errata release, it looks as though Elves with bonuses to Dex and Int will be an option in the next Character Builder release. That would definitely suggest fewer Eladrin and more actual Elves, as both races now make fine wizards. I will hold off on reassigning Shadow Elves until some other races get their alternate stat boosts -- but it looks as though we do have a major racial reshuffling in the works.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Postby agathokles » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Yes, with the races update, Eladrin are not really necessary to represent Elves anymore. Given their new Int/Cha option, I'm even more convinced that Eladrin should be used for Sidhe in Mystara, while all Elves should use the Elf race with Dex/Int, except for Icevale Elves, who might use Dex/Wis instead.

GP
agathokles
Red Dragon

Postby Dwk3 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Well, Sidhe have the abilities to change shape and become invisible to mortals, so I was thinking that Changeling race with Veiled Alliance theme would cover them better. Eladrin still seem to be a good match for the Belcadiz elves -- swordsmen who are gifted with arcane magic but who have no special connection to nature as normal elves do. But I will keep thinking about this one between now and the 21st.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Postby Dwk3 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:04 am

As you may have heard by now, there will be no September update for the Character Builder. My September update simply changed some dates in the main file so that my Character Builder project will not become officially "abandoned" the moment Wizards posts a Character Builder update in October or later. I still plan to provide a major campaign file update (literally all files affected) wiithin a week of the next Character Builder update, now scheduled for an unspecified date in October.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Postby Dave L » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 am

Once the Dark Sun and Essential material has been added to the Character Builder I'll pay for a subscription and upload your material as well.

One question - will I be able to continue adding your updates if my subscription has expired?

Thanks.
Dave L
Storm Giant

Postby Dwk3 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:06 am

Dave L wrote:Once the Dark Sun and Essential material has been added to the Character Builder I'll pay for a subscription and upload your material as well.

One question - will I be able to continue adding your updates if my subscription has expired?

Thanks.

There is no real reason to download my campaign files for any month for which you do not have the corresponding Character Builder update. The reason I need to provide monthly updates is that by default all new material is allowed -- but there is often new material added that should be disallowed in certain campaign files.

So, generally, after you download the latest Character Builder update, you should download the updated campaign files some time between then and the release of the next update in order to keep everything as compatible as possible. If your DDI subscription has expired and you already have a recent version of the campaign files, it is probably best not to download newer versions of those files until you re-subscribe. You may want to try out any brand new files that I upload, but they may or may not work correctly.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Postby Dave L » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:26 am

Dwk3 wrote:
Dave L wrote:Once the Dark Sun and Essential material has been added to the Character Builder I'll pay for a subscription and upload your material as well.

Thanks.

There is no real reason to download my campaign files for any month for which you do not have the corresponding Character Builder update. The reason I need to provide monthly updates is that by default all new material is allowed -- but there is often new material added that should be disallowed in certain campaign files.

So, generally, after you download the latest Character Builder update, you should download the updated campaign files some time between then and the release of the next update in order to keep everything as compatible as possible. If your DDI subscription has expired and you already have a recent version of the campaign files, it is probably best not to download newer versions of those files until you re-subscribe. You may want to try out any brand new files that I upload, but they may or may not work correctly.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks very much for explaining that. :)
Dave L
Storm Giant

Postby stanles » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:54 am

Dwk3 hasn't been on the Piazza since 2011, does anybody have their custom files lying around?

edit: oops, just found this thread http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=4660
Visit the Vaults of Pandius http://pandius.com, the official website for the Dungeons and Dragons setting of Mystara.

Submissions to the Vaults can be made directly to webmaster@pandius.com
stanles
Troll

Previous

Return to Mystara 4E Conversion Project