Mystara 4E Character Builder Files -- New Location

The oldest setting with the newest rules.

Mystara 4E Character Builder Files -- New Location

Postby Dwk3 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Since the address given in the first message of my earlier Character Builder topic is no longer correct, I have started a new thread to give the new location and announce the latest update. The updated Character Builder files for the October 12, 2010 update of the Character Builder can be found at this location:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8O_ml ... ZmE0&hl=en

These files are freely available to anyone without signing into a Google account.

This update includes Psionic Power, two Dragon magazine issues, and (most notably) the racial stat bonus updates from Heroes of the Fallen Lands. Needless to say, the addition of a Dex/Int option for standard non-eladrin elves drove me to rethink the distribution of those two races in the Mystara setting.

I will update these files as needed with each Character Builder update by Wizards of the Coast.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Re: Mystara 4E Character Builder Files -- New Location

Postby Havard » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Cool. I would hate to see these disappear. I will add a link to them on my Blackmoor site when I get around to a new update for it :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Dwk3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:03 am

It looks as though the updates at the new site may be short lived -- not because of any problem with the site, but because of the radical change in direction being taken by Wizards in regard to the Character Builder.

Bottom line -- Get the latest update no later than November 15th. When the Web based Character Builder goes live on the 16th, the old version will no longer be available for download. From all that I have read, my campaign files will not be usable with the Web based Character Builder, and it may be some time before they have customization tools that I can do anything to support.

Anyway, my plan is to put out revised text files (only) some time after the 16th, and then create separate folders for the old off-line Character Builder and the new Web based Character Builder, with only text files for the new Builder at first. These text files will describe the minimal customization that can be explained easily, and will be expanded upon whenever doing so becomes possible.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Postby Dwk3 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:06 pm

I just did my final upload for the offline Character Builder, correcting some links and confirming that it is the final update. I plan to leave these files up indefinitely.

As for the online Character Builder, I will put something together for it as soon as it is stable enough and/or provides enough customization tools to make the effort worthwhile. For now, my best suggestion would be to select the "home campaign" setting and use the offline CB text files as a guide to what does and does not fit into the setting by default.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Postby Dwk3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:57 am

I just wanted to let you all know that I will very soon be creating and uploading some files to support adapting the online Character Builder for a 4E Mystara campaign. While the online builder still does not have any of the customization features that I took advantage of for the offline builder, there has been enough new material released in the previews for Heroes of Shadow and in that Dragon article on alternate racial ability score bonuses to justify a rethinking of the racial mappings and a few other features. I hope to have the new files ready by the time the updates that incorporate that new material go live.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Postby Birchbeer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 am

I was happy to see the updated racials, but disappointed in that I was hoping they'd cover the monster races (i.e. Goblinoids) too.
Birchbeer
Stone Giant

Postby Dwk3 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:36 am

Hi folks! Sorry that I still haven't gotten the Character Builder files for the online Character Builder uploaded yet, but I will get back to it when I have the time over the holidays.

Anyway -- I recently got an e-mail about an update to the Vaults of Pandius. Is Shawn updating them on a regular basis once again? If so, it may be best to upload the online CB/4E campaign guides there, where they may be a bit easier for folks to find. I won't need to maintain a site of my own until the online Character Builder supports custom campaign files once again.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Postby agathokles » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:02 pm

I don't know if he plans to update on a regular basis. We're discussing the option to switch to an automated management of submissions, so probably the update is more related to the need to upload some stuff that was directly submitted to him rather than posted here or on the MML.

G.
agathokles
Red Dragon

Return to Mystara 4E Conversion Project