Forester preview at Gencon site

The oldest setting with the newest rules.

Forester preview at Gencon site

Postby Dwk3 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:49 am

See it here:

http://community.gencon.com/files/folders/smp/entry292808.aspx

This URL points to a preview of the Bladesinger class from the upcoming Neverwinter Campaign Setting. I think this class is the best match so far for the Elf or Forester class in BECMI (not that we can't keep using the other arcane/martial combinations as well, of course).

Anyway -- Real life has gotten in the way of the new Character Builder conversion files, but I hope to have them ready before the end of this summer. Once I get the first set out, I should be able to get back to keeping those files up to date -- not that that will be a particularly pressing matter until customization features are added to the new builder.
Dwk3
Hobgoblin

Re: Forester preview at Gencon site

Postby Birchbeer » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 pm

As an adaption of the elf/forester I think it could work.

Clarification I need is of the Bladesong spells (Just to ensure I'm reading this right). The Bladesinger hits something, then within 10 spaces can cause an affect on another creature? If so would be an interesting class to play. I wish I could see the levels past one's abilities to see how they scale. Also, I am curious is if the encounter spell (Bladesong) goes up in usage like the hexblade.
Birchbeer
Stone Giant

Re: Forester preview at Gencon site

Postby agathokles » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:48 pm

The OD&D Elf uses heavy armor, which is the primary problem with any current 4e attempt at mimicking it (except for Fighter|Sorcerers and Warlord|Sorcerers, but those have other issues).
This Bladesinger is somewhat better that the Swordmage, on one hand, but would be impossible to hybrid on the other.

G.
agathokles
Red Dragon

Return to Mystara 4E Conversion Project