Anyone interested in an D&D-based PbP game?

Mirror, mirror, so tall and so grand, show me the nearest gaming group in the land.

Which of my various homebrewed campaign settings are you most interested in for a D&D PbP game?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 am

Almagra: World of Worlds (multiple ruleset options)
6%
Crater World (D&D 4E)
6%
Iceshard (D&D v.3.5 [Frostburn])
No votes
Knightfall's Mystara (D&D v.3.5)
12%
Odyssey World (AD&D 2E)
12%
Oriental World (AD&D 1E, or D&D v.3.5)
24%
Time of Ages (D&D v.3.5 / d20 System [Steampunk])
18%
Warped World (AD&D 2E [Flat world])
6%
World of Blackraven (BECMI D&D)
12%
Other Choice (another world created by KF)
6%

Total votes: 17

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Anyone interested in an D&D-based PbP game?

Post by Knightfall »

I've just started up a 3E PbP game, but i also want to do an AD&D 2E PbP game set in my Odyssey World setting. It would most likely be a one-shot adventure since I haven't DMed 2E in some time. It could turn into more, but I can't promise it will.
Last edited by Knightfall on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Sock Puppet
Troll

Re: Anyone interested in a 2e PbP game?

Post by Sock Puppet »

This may gather more attention if you post it in The Magic Mirror. Want me to move it this evening?
I am Ashtagon's sock puppet account.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Anyone interested in a 2e PbP game?

Post by Knightfall »

Sock Puppet wrote:This may gather more attention if you post it in The Magic Mirror. Want me to move it this evening?
If you think it will get more attention there, I'd say move it.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Anyone interested in an AD&D 2E PbP game?

Post by Knightfall »

Hmm, no takers?

Okay, what about AD&D 1E or BECMI? Such a game wouldn't be set on Odyssey World, but I have several other homebrewed settings I'd like to delve into for a game. However, I've never DMed a 1E or BECMI game, so I'd prefer to DM a 2E game.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Anyone interested in an AD&D 2E (or 1E) PbP game?

Post by Knightfall »

FYI: My World of Kulan PbP game is now full. I am still interested in running another PbP game set in one of my other homebrewed worlds.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Anyone interested in an D&D-based PbP game?

Post by Knightfall »

Added a poll.

Here's a list of my homebrewed worlds: Knightfall's Homebrewed Worlds Index
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Oriental World an Time of Ages intrigue me.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Oriental World an Time of Ages intrigue me.
For Oriental World, I'd like to run it as a strictly AD&D 1E world, and if I did so all classes and races would have to come from Oriental Adventures. Now, since I haven't begun to map it out yet, it would likely be based on a DUNGEON Magazine adventure. If the game was to continue, it would be built outward from that one adventure.

For Time of Ages, it would be a lot easier for me to run as long as all the players have a copy of Fantasy Flight Games' Legends & Lairs: Sorcery & Steam. that d20 System book is the core steampunk reference for Time of Ages. For the Spelljamming component (if it goes that way), I'd be using the rules from the Spelljammer mini-game from DUNGEON Magazine. A Time of Ages PbP game would also require knowledge of the d20 Modern ruleset since the characters start on Earth (not Urban Arcana) and a transported to Rielun across time and space. imagine it like if the D&D cartoon meets The Lost world meets John Carter of Mars... sort of. :P
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

Homebrewed Worlds Index

khyde2184
Gnoll

Post by khyde2184 »

Oriental and Mystara get my votes.

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Post by Boneguard »

World of Blackraven (BECMI D&D), Oriental World (AD&D 1E) got my vote, but had I had more choise I would have picked

Odyssey World (AD&D 2E), Warped World (AD&D 2E [Flat world]) and Other Choice (another world created by KF) [if we are using BECMI, 1st or 2nd ed ruleset].
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

If people want to play in a v.3.5 game, I'd probably want to go with Oriental World or Time of Ages. For Oriental World, players would need a copy of Oriental Adventures and the v.3.5 update in the April 2004 issue of DRAGON Magazine. For Time of Ages, players would need a copy of the d20 System sourcebook Legends & Lairs: Sorcery and Steam from Fantasy Flight Games.

Hmm, it might be easier to run Oriental World using AD&D 1E, although I've never DMed for 1E. It would be a huge challenge. :| We could try it with AD&D 2E. That would be a lot easier for me.

But if people want to play in an AD&D 2E game, I'd prefer to set it in Odyssey World. However, I'd be fine setting it on Oriental World (using kits) or on Warped World. Warped World would allow for a more wild game. ;)

For BECMI, I think Blackraven is the best choice. It's a completely new world that would be easy for a one adventure module game. I've never DMed for BECMI either. :oops:

AD&D 2E and D&D v.3.5 are the rulesets I've had experience DMing. I am keen on trying my hand at AD&D 1E since acquiring the reprints.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Boneguard
Deep One Priest

Post by Boneguard »

Well I would be inclined to say that, if you know 2nd ed ad&d you know 90-95% of the rules of ad&d 1st ed. If you want to do Oriental Adventures in 2nd edition, I have found a yahoo group where someone converted Oriental adventure from 1st to 2nd ed.
Roleplaying is not a Hobby...it's a Way of Life.

Consolidated projet thread

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Boneguard wrote:I have found a yahoo group where someone converted Oriental adventure from 1st to 2nd ed.
<threadjack>

I need to replace the abandoned Other Oriental Adventure Websites thread, with a new one, that has more links and more downloads, but it would be great to have this 2nd Edition Oriental Adventures conversion in the old thread, so that it is there when I make the new one. If you know the URL of this Yahoo Group, please would you post it over there. :)

</threadjack>
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

Boneguard wrote:Well I would be inclined to say that, if you know 2nd ed ad&d you know 90-95% of the rules of ad&d 1st ed. If you want to do Oriental Adventures in 2nd edition, I have found a yahoo group where someone converted Oriental adventure from 1st to 2nd ed.
Thanks for posting the link in the other thread. I've browsed through it, but I''ll want to study it in detail.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

The poll now allows for 3 options. :P
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

3rd vote: Almagra.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

Here's the concept for the main campaign region for Oriental World and a link to the regional map posted on Facebook. For those not on FB, I'll also post it to my "Walk the Road" wiki or my deviantART page.

ORIENTAL WORLD
This climate map show the main campaign region for this world. The eastern half of the region is the more civilized part of the Imperial Heart. The western half are former barbarian lands that have been conquered and converted to the Oriental way of life.

There are still a few places in the West that haven't been Easternized, but they still fall within the control of the Lords of the East. The Knightly Orders of the Old West try to keep to their own codes of conduct in the face of spreading Eastern traditions such as Bushidō and Shintoism.

Map on Facebook
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “The Magic Mirror”