Poll 2: Knightfall's v.3.5 PbP Options

Mirror, mirror, so tall and so grand, show me the nearest gaming group in the land.

Which of the listed v.3.5 settings would you choose to play in for a PbP game?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Fallen Realms, the (homebrewed Forgotten Realms)
25%
Iceshard (Frostburn world)
25%
World of Kulan
25%
World Unknown, the (homebrewed Mystara)
25%

Total votes: 4

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Poll 2: Knightfall's v.3.5 PbP Options

Post by Knightfall »

Okay, I need to narrow down my choices for a second PbP game. I'm leaning towards v.3.5 or AD&D 2E at this point, although I'm not ruling out AD&D 1E or BECMI. 4E is out. This new poll deals specifically with the options I can offer for v.3.5. There will be a third poll for AD&D 2E and a fourth poll (maybe) for AD&D 1E and BECMI. For these polls, you will be able to choose only one setting, but you can change your vote after the fact.

Iceshard (Frostburn world)
Players must have access to the core v.3.5 rulebooks and D&D Frostburn. It would be useful if the player also have D&D Sandstorm, but it isn't required. See under the link for more details.

World of Kulan
While I currently am running a Kulan-based PbP game, it would be a simple matter for me to start up a second one. It would likely be set in the Lands of Harqual in order to keep it separate from the Kanpur game. Plus, there is so much of the world's background already online that it is the easiest setting for me to DM for v.3.5. However, just because its easiest for me, it might not be as interesting for you.

The World Unknown (post-apocalyptic Mystara)
Players must have access to the core v.3.5 rulebooks and be somewhat familiar with Mystara. Of course, since this homebrewed version of the world is a post-apocalyptic version of Mystara, it's not a huge requirement to know every aspect of the Known World. I do have several semi-completed hex maps for the setting, but I can't say it's 100% finished. Of course, that won't stop me if you choose it. (I have tentatively set this version of Mystara in the Mirrored Cosmology.)

Wildcard Option: The Fallen Realms (post-apocalyptic Toril)
Players must have access to the core v.3.5 rulebooks and be somewhat familiar with the Forgotten Realms. This is a brand new concept that I've been considering for some time. It would be similar to The World Unknown, but the devastation would be more homegrown. It will not be the Spellplague, however. (I do like the civilizations from Toril's twin world, so maybe there will be a connection.) In this version of the Realms, all the canon bigwigs are truly dead (or undead). The world has been torn to pieces by war and natural disaster. A few of the more powerful cities have survived, but life in them has changed significantly. (For example, Waterdeep is a dark place filled with the worst kind of evil.) The rest of Faerûn has collapsed into barbarism. Zhent Warlords rule over much of the land while the descendants of the Harpers hold on for dear life. Wild magic zones cause havoc for all and entire regions have become wastelands. :twisted:

Of course, it's just an idea. :idea:
Last edited by Knightfall on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

khyde2184
Gnoll

Re: Poll 2: Knightfall's v.3.5 PbP Options

Post by khyde2184 »

I would love to play 2nd edition rules Knightfall But I am down for whatever you choose to run. If I get to play that is.

khyde2184
Gnoll

Post by khyde2184 »

I could give you a list of the books I own in 3.5 Knightfall but it would take me awhile. I have most of them.

khyde2184
Gnoll

Post by khyde2184 »

I have all the books listed above except the spelljammer book. I didn't even know there was a 3.5 version of Spelljammer.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

khyde2184 wrote:I have all the books listed above except the spelljammer book. I didn't even know there was a 3.5 version of Spelljammer.
Well, it was done as a mini-game in DUNGEON Magazine, so it's not an official D&D sourcebook.

Here's the author's web page dedicated to the mini-game...

Spelljammer: Shadow of the Spider Moon
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

Okay, for those that voted if you had to choose between either "The World Unknown" or "The Fallen Realms," which would you choose?
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

Fallen Realms.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall »

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Fallen Realms.
Even though I don't have it all finalized, I think I'm more comfortable with the idea of running the Fallen Realms over my homebrewed version of Mystara. I just know the Realms better than Mystara. (Plus, I have more source material to work from.)

If I was to run a second Kulan campaign, I'd likely set it in the Isles of Valossa. It would most likely start in Freeport.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “The Magic Mirror”