Wanted - BECMI gamers in Bletchley, Milton Keynes, UK

Mirror, mirror, so tall and so grand, show me the nearest gaming group in the land.

Moderator: Chimpman

Wanted - BECMI gamers in Bletchley, Milton Keynes, UK

Postby hanwen drago » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:59 am

We need a player or two to boost our numbers for our playing group.

Currently, we have two players (both have just finished school and gone on to sixth form). The DM (me) is almost as old than Gandalf.

We meet on most Thursdays at my house and play from about 6.00pm to about 10.00pm, and as mentioned in the post title, we are currently playing BECMI, though AD&D (1st edition and 3.5) may also be played in future sessions.

The problem we have is that, having a small group, both players are running multiple characters. Not only that, any democratically decided party decisions tend to end in a tie. A third (or even fourth) player would not only help break such deadlocks, but also provide the group with more insight and (hopefully) prevent them.from doing stupid things and endangering the party, as they are wont to do from time to time (see Adventure 3 - Session 5 of my blog for a hilarious example of this).

Obviously, new players would need to be local (we're in the Scots area of West Bletchley, Milton Keynes), and ideally as the same age as the players (16+) or older, though old gits like me would be welcome too. I've tried getting the wife to play, but she has already said that the only way that that is going to happen is if I can get Vin Diesel into the group. The only other thing is that new players will have to tolerate my four year old daughter joining in from time to time with her Disney characters.
hanwen drago
Goblin

Return to The Magic Mirror