Roleplaying Club in Livingston, Scotland

Mirror, mirror, so tall and so grand, show me the nearest gaming group in the land.
waylander39
Troll

Roleplaying Club in Livingston, Scotland

Post by waylander39 »

Well seeing as I asked for this forum and Ashtagon very kindly provided it, I'm going to get the ball rolling.

For the last two years a group of us have been meeting in Livingston on a Sunday morning from 10-2. We now have two regular games going with the possibility of a third if we can get a few new regular members/GM's. Games so far have included AD&D 2e (FR), D&D 3.5 (DL & FR), Call of Cthulhu, Star Wars (d6), Dead Reign, Pathfinder, Runequest, Warhammer Fantasy & Dark Champions and we've had one offs of Rolemaster, MERP, Twilight 2000 & Etherscope. All are welcome and we also have a couple of games going on outside the normal club hours with a Chill game taking place every 2nd Sat, a Warhammer Fantasy every Tuesday or so and a new 4e game starting on thursdays. If anyone is interested please PM me and I'll happily pass on the details.

Many thanks... :D

BlackBat242
Dire Haggis
Location: by the saline water - formerly in the Grand Valley of the Rivers

Re: Roleplaying Club in Livingston, Scotland

Post by BlackBat242 »

Pop over to Dragonsfoot and talk to The Icemaiden... she and her hubby do a lot of AD&D... and her location is listed as Glasgow...Bonny Scotland.
A little bit away from Edinburgh (40 miles straight-line... hardly an hour's drive), but close by USA standards.
Last edited by BlackBat242 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
"I have a catapult. Give me your money or I will hurl a large rock at your head".

"Buffy, Blade... its up to you now." George Takei

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is right before they explode

waylander39
Troll

Post by waylander39 »

I will do that :D , we actually play in Livingston which is about 20 miles from edinburgh so about 30 from Glasgow, so it straddles both sides quite well.

Silverblade-T-E
Storm Giant

Post by Silverblade-T-E »

I can't travel much alas
but anyone wants to play aorund Motherwell, I'll be yer DM ;)
-----------------------------------------------
I'd rather be a Fool who Believes in Dragons,
Than a King who believes in Nothing

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com

Spelljammer is back, oh yeah, BABY! :D

waylander39
Troll

Post by waylander39 »

Just thought I'd give this thread a little bump. Just to say that we're still going strong and we now have a website and forum. We can be found at www.lothiangamers.org As always if anyone wishes any more info drop me a PM and I can give you more details.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Good luck! :D
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

waylander39
Troll

Post by waylander39 »

Thanks Big Mac! :D

waylander39
Troll

Post by waylander39 »

And it's time for another bump! We're still going strong (4 years now!!!) and now have 2 long campaigns (a Pathfinder, Rise of the Runelords and a Rolemaster game). We're hopefully getting a third game running soon and always welcome new members. Details can be found at www.lothiangamers.org or you can PM me for more info.

rabindranath72
White Dragon

Post by rabindranath72 »

I so envy you :( I recently lost the first group of gamers I could find after moving to the UK from Italy. And now I have moved again.
Anyway, good luck!

waylander39
Troll

Post by waylander39 »

It's been tough going at times but we've had a strong core group since the beginning and we're now starting to grow slowly but steadily. Thanks for the support!

waylander39
Troll

Post by waylander39 »

So it's been a while since I've been on here (RL has been hard going this year with a small child, work etc!) but it's just to say that we're still here in our little corner of Livingston and we're always on the lookout for new players/GMs. We now have 3 ongoing campaigns, the continuing Rise of the Runelords for Pathfinder and the Rolemaster game from last year but I'm now pleased to say that we have an ongoing Legend of the 5 Rings game going as well. If you'd like any more details please post or PM and I'll get you the info!

Thank you!!!

Return to “The Magic Mirror”