Seeking game in Boston, MA

Mirror, mirror, so tall and so grand, show me the nearest gaming group in the land.
timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Seeking game in Boston, MA

Post by timemrick »

I’m looking for a new campaign to join, preferably every other week or so. Sundays are best for me, but I may be able to do other times on an occasional basis. I live in Dorchester (southern Boston), but I'm able and willing to travel as far as Somerville or Braintree.

I’ve been playing and GMing RPGs for over 25 years. I prefer fantasy and horror most, and I'll play occasional SF games if they grab me enough (Serenity, for example), but I hardly ever play supers or cyberpunk. I’m currently taking a much-needed break from GMing, but may be up for running an occasional one-shot after I get to know a new group.

I own and would like to try (or play more of) the following games, but I'm willing to give plenty of other systems a try, too:

Call of Cthulhu
Dungeons & Dragons 4E
Ghosts of Albion
GURPS 4E
A Song of Ice and Fire
Spaceship Zero
Star Wars (D6)
True20

If your group has an opening, please reply here and/or send me an email via the forums.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Re: Seeking game in Boston, MA

Post by timemrick »

FWIW, I joined the Piazza because of the Freeport sub-forum. So yes, I'd be interested in playing in a Freeport campaign (using 3.5, 4E, True20, or another system). Just be aware that I'm very much an expert on the setting, having edited, proofread, or revised several titles, and compiled fan errata on everything else (see my sig). When I'm finally ready to GM again, it will probably be Freeport, but meanwhile it would be nice to just be a player in that setting for a change.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick »

Over the summer, I got into a Supernatural game, but we've had a lot of scheduling issues, which doesn't bode well for the game's survival. I have a feeling I'll be looking for a new Sunday game by year's end, so if you're in the greater Boston area and have an opening, let me know!

Add Dragon Age to my earlier list. I don't own it (yet) or play the videogame, but the short demo I played at GenCon has officially piqued my interest.

Finally, I'll be back to GMing regularly starting this weekend: D&D 3.5 in Freeport. So I'm less interested in being a player in a Freeport game (high risk of overdosing!), but I'd still consider it.

Tim

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick »

Once again, I am officially looking for a new game in the greater Boston area. Sundays are best for me, but I'm willing to consider weeknights if it means I can get in some quality gaming time as a player. (I already run one and a half games myself.)

Most of my experience is with D&D (most editions, though I prefer 3.5), GURPS, and BESM, but I've played at least a little bit in dozens of other RPGs. I'm willing to play a variety of game systems, as long as the campaign intrigues me enough.

So if you're in or near Boston, and are looking for another player, message or email me with more info. Thanks!

Return to “The Magic Mirror”