What isn't defined that still needs fleshing out?

We left our old worlds, each of us. This is it. We can't go any farther. This is The Edge.
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

What isn't defined that still needs fleshing out?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:56 am

I figure that instead of wasting my energies on more projects than I can keep track of, I should have 3 dedicated projects. I have Sarûnia and my Pathfinder SciFi game and I figure The Edge should be my third, as it supports the community I love.

So I ask, what parts of the world are broadly or extremely defined to warrant more detail?

Boddynock
Gnomish Ambassador

Re: What isn't defined that still needs fleshing out?

Post by Boddynock » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:17 am

Well for the areas I kind of worked on, those are open. Except maybe Fiori Hills- I have that one pretty much detailed.

Enchanters of Androssi- I only suggested a capital name, other than that not much to it. The theme is a Halfling Roman empire, we also needed the area to have a standard halfling city. Probably on the border land as a second portal deposited a number of halfling clans to interact with the Androssi halflings.

Steliden and Eagledark- I had imagined it as my own sort of Ravenloftish area. Not necessarily the dread plain, but a cursed land of haunted forests and hills.

We also have Soralav which is a Free City/Giant Citystate along with a Russia sort of Giant Kingdom. That's just the main continent, there were a few more land masses outside of that.
Check out my blog http://boddynock-te.blogspot.com/

Support your local gnome!

Boddynock Stotch - 17th level Gnome Bard of Far Shore, Isle of Dread - Savage Tide Adventure Path

LoZompatore
Hill Giant

Re: What isn't defined that still needs fleshing out?

Post by LoZompatore » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 am

Here is a global map showing the level of detail of the setting on a regional level.
Green areas are the most detailed ones (so far), while blank territories are free to develop, as no info was provided yet. Even grey area have very very few details: actually you could place inside them almost anything you like without producing much disturbance to what was already stated.
You'll notice also a note about a quite large area of the planet being mapped on a hexed scale (a 72 mile/hex scale, to be more precise). I just realized I never posted this map on the forums: the map is 90% complete, I'll see what I can do about it as soon as possible.

Here is the map:

A full resolution map can be downloaded here

This map may be compared with the world physical map showed in this topic to have some large- scale geographical information for the areas to be detailed.

Hope it could be useful! :)

Return to “The Edge”