JG Settings That Were Not Originally Part of the Wilderlands

From the Court of the World Emperor to the Barbarian Tribelands of Altanis. Explore Bob Bledsaw's Wilderlands under the shadow of the Invincible Overlord...

JG Settings That Were Not Originally Part of the Wilderlands

Postby Havard » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:39 am

From what I understand, some products published by JG in the 1970s and 1980s were not explicitly identified as part of the Wilderlands Setting untill the release of the D20 Wilderlands Line. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? Which settings/products fall into this category?

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: JG Settings That Were Not Originally Part of the Wilderl

Postby ZardokhasSpoken » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:52 pm

While many products, like Verbosh, were not initially, and still aren't, part of the Wilderlands, I am unsure which ones were later incorporated into the Wilderlands setting. Citadel of Fire originally does not sport a specific location until the d20 version from Goodman Games, but without a careful reading of the original text I cannot say for certain it was not a part of the Wilderlands setting.
ZardokhasSpoken
Goblin

Postby gmkeros » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:34 pm

Caverns of Thracia was not given a proper location in the original edition. It's set somewhere in the jungle and there are lizard men. From what I have seen most people set it on Campaign Map 2 I think (Altanis).

I think Dark Tower also might be a bit iffy on where it is located, but I never looked into that one so much.
gmkeros
Goblin

Postby Man in the Funny Hat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:58 am

Havard wrote:From what I understand, some products published by JG in the 1970s and 1980s were not explicitly identified as part of the Wilderlands Setting untill the release of the D20 Wilderlands Line. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? Which settings/products fall into this category?

Given the philosophy they had, that the setting isn't what they publish but what the Judge SAYS it is, it wouldn't much matter if anything was given a specific location in the Wilderlands or not. If the DM wants it in the WIlderlands - it's part of the WIlderlands. If the DM DOESN'T want something in his/her WIlderlands - even if it says it is - then it ISN'T. They were reasonably adamant about that approach - that ANYTHING in the published setting is still subject to the DM's approval, end-of-story. They wanted to fully support that DM authority, not overrule it or undermine it. You just can't rules-lawyer a Judges Guild Judge. :)
Man in the Funny Hat
Hobgoblin

Return to Wilderlands