Thunderhold: Castle of the Dwarven King

From the Court of the World Emperor to the Barbarian Tribelands of Altanis. Explore Bob Bledsaw's Wilderlands under the shadow of the Invincible Overlord...
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Thunderhold: Castle of the Dwarven King

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:19 pm

I just saw something on RPG Geek called Thunderhold: Castle of the Dwarven King. It's only 12 pages long and was listed as a PDF.

What is this?

Is it a Web Enhancement for one of the 3rd Edition D&D products from Necromancer Games? Or was this on sale somehow, at some point?

Is it a conversion of an old Judges Guild thing or something new? I can't seem to find anything of the same name. Is the castle detailed more in another product?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

JamesMishler
Ogre

Re: Thunderhold: Castle of the Dwarven King

Post by JamesMishler » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:48 pm

If I recall correctly, it was material that was cut from the final version of the Necro CSIO, and was released as a free PDF on the Necro website. I think it was password protected, and you needed the password from the CSIO book to open the PDF. I know they released a number of items in such a fashion as free extensions of products that ran over their print page count...

The Dark
Troll

Re: Thunderhold: Castle of the Dwarven King

Post by The Dark » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:19 pm
I just saw something on RPG Geek called Thunderhold: Castle of the Dwarven King. It's only 12 pages long and was listed as a PDF.

What is this?

Is it a Web Enhancement for one of the 3rd Edition D&D products from Necromancer Games? Or was this on sale somehow, at some point?

Is it a conversion of an old Judges Guild thing or something new? I can't seem to find anything of the same name. Is the castle detailed more in another product?
According to the PDF (I have a copy from when it was on Necromancer's site), it's:
This Thunderhold download contains the description of Thunderhold as found in the original City State of the Invincible Overlord product by Judges Guild. Very little expansion has been done, other than detailing the NPCs in v3.5 terms and adding Wilderlands-specific race notes.

Return to “Wilderlands”