Necromancer Forums Shutting Down

From the Court of the World Emperor to the Barbarian Tribelands of Altanis. Explore Bob Bledsaw's Wilderlands under the shadow of the Invincible Overlord...

Necromancer Forums Shutting Down

Postby Havard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:27 am

http://necromancergames.yuku.com/topic/ ... pCB8flWySp

Frog God Games are moving to their own forums, meaning all information on the old Necromancer Games Forum will be lost. Copy and paste all the information you may think is worth saving into word documents now or it will be too late. :(

-Havard

The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Necromancer Forums Shutting Down

Postby Havard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Actually, someone called Magoo has made the entire database available for download:

Magoo wrote:Hi guys,

Done! All those precious threads are saved forever

Zip file is 96M, unzipped 447M. I uploaded them for sharing on Google Drive.

It should be (mostly) fine.

It contains all of the subforums and threads as of Oct 31st 2013, with the exception of the Off Topic subforum which is incomplete.
All the files are static, you don't need a web server to access the archives. Everything is accessible offline with your browser. (it will works if you upload them to a web server)
Some links to the Yuku's profile of some users may not work but that shouldn't cause any problem.

Thanks to Bill and Clark, all the writers, editors and staff that provided us with all those amazing D&D books and many hours of awesome gaming and many PC deaths!

Thanks to the Necromancer Games' forum community, it was a great place to be online and discuss about D&D and many other topics!

Download it here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B21Jta ... sp=sharing

Extract the zip file and open the index.html file in the "ngforums" folder with your browser. Post here while you can or contact me if there's a problem.

Enjoy!

P.S.: If anyone care, I still have the "original" files I grabbed from Yuku before reformatting them to this Zip file but they are not included in it. The only usage I could see, is if someone wants to use them with my scripts (or not) to reformat the output or make something more dynamic with a database. I wanted something easy for everyone, that's why I went with all static files hehe

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:04 pm

Havard wrote:http://necromancergames.yuku.com/topic/12785/ATTENTION-FORUM-MIGRATION-NEWS?page=1#.UpCB8flWySp

Frog God Games are moving to their own forums, meaning all information on the old Necromancer Games Forum will be lost. Copy and paste all the information you may think is worth saving into word documents now or it will be too late. :(

The existing forums are on Yuku. I'm pretty sure they do free hosting of forums, so I can't see why they could not just stay where they are. Yuku have even taken over a couple of other companies that used to host RPG forums. Both Andy Collins's D&D forum (which has a subforum for Spelljammer: Shadow of the Spider Moon) and Xander212's World of Warcraft forum have migrated to their servers.

Havard wrote:Actually, someone called Magoo has made the entire database available for download:

Another way to deal with this would be for people to go to the Wayback Machine and use their Save Page Now option to grab any useful threads. That would create an archive that could be linked to from the Wilderlands forum here (or from anywhere else).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Havard » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:37 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:http://necromancergames.yuku.com/topic/12785/ATTENTION-FORUM-MIGRATION-NEWS?page=1#.UpCB8flWySp

The existing forums are on Yuku. I'm pretty sure they do free hosting of forums, so I can't see why they could not just stay where they are. Yuku have even taken over a couple of other companies that used to host RPG forums. Both Andy Collins's D&D forum (which has a subforum for Spelljammer: Shadow of the Spider Moon) and Xander212's World of Warcraft forum have migrated to their servers.

I think this has to do with:
  • Froggodgames having split from Necromancer Games which again is no longer involved with JG.
  • Frogoodgames wishing people to go to their new forum, which also is where they sell stuff from.
  • Frogoodgames not wishing to spend time maintaining/moderating this forum when they have another one

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Postby Big Mac » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:02 am

These forums have still not been deleted by Yuku.

What with there being a Kickstarter to bring Necromancer Games back, I wonder if the new management of Necromancer Games might change their mind and decide to hang onto these forums.
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Giant Space Hamster » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am

MODERATOR NOTE: Discussion about the Necromancer Forums thread about In Search of Kelandor's Gold being set in Tarsh split into a new thread called In Search of Kelandor's Gold set in Tarsh.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Junior admin at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Return to Wilderlands