Wilderlands of High Fantasy Map One Ruins

From the Court of the World Emperor to the Barbarian Tribelands of Altanis. Explore Bob Bledsaw's Wilderlands under the shadow of the Invincible Overlord...

Wilderlands of High Fantasy Map One Ruins

Postby DizzySaxophone » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:10 pm

So last night I was going over my Wilderlands of High Fantasy, and I realized when I got to the Map One section, there is no ruins indicated for map one (or at least not in my .pdf). Am missing a page or are there really no ruins indicated for map one? If so, what have you done to add in ruins? I haven't checked my CIty State to see if maybe they're in there.
DizzySaxophone
Goblin

Re: Wilderlands of High Fantasy Map One Ruins

Postby ZardokhasSpoken » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 pm

What version (print date) are you referring to?
ZardokhasSpoken
Goblin

Postby DizzySaxophone » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:20 pm

I'm looking at the original judges guild version. 1977
DizzySaxophone
Goblin

Postby ZardokhasSpoken » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:53 pm

I believe there was a Ravaged Ruins section for CSIO printed in either a Pegasus, Dungeoneer, or Guidelines supplement. If I have time I will try and dig it up for you.
ZardokhasSpoken
Goblin

Postby ZardokhasSpoken » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:32 pm

I believe what you are looking for was printed in the Initial Guidelines Booklet K, which is available via download from Judges Guild at www.drivethrurpg.com
ZardokhasSpoken
Goblin

Postby Big Mac » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:02 am

ZardokhasSpoken wrote:I believe what you are looking for was printed in the Initial Guidelines Booklet K, which is available via download from Judges Guild at http://www.drivethrurpg.com

Why is this product called Initial Guidelines Booklet K? And what's the deal with the "twelve pages scanned from the original 1977 release" thing? Is that 12 pages cut out of something larger (like a Judges Guild boxed set with other booklets)? :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby robertsconley » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Big Mac wrote:
ZardokhasSpoken wrote:I believe what you are looking for was printed in the Initial Guidelines Booklet K, which is available via download from Judges Guild at http://www.drivethrurpg.com

Why is this product called Initial Guidelines Booklet K? And what's the deal with the "twelve pages scanned from the original 1977 release" thing? Is that 12 pages cut out of something larger (like a Judges Guild boxed set with other booklets)? :?

Judges Guild started out as a subscription service. They would release a bundle of charts, maps, and text periodically. The first one was Installment I, then J, K, and so on up to U and then they went on by number up to 25 the last one being Castle Book II.

The first Judges Guild Product were installments collected together and sold under a table. For example City-State of the Invincible Overlord is a combination of Installments I, J. Wilderlands of High Fantasy was developed out of Installment K.

You can see a full list here
http://www.acaeum.com/jg/IndexbyCode.html
robertsconley
Hobgoblin

Postby robertsconley » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:35 pm

As for the OP there are no ruins for Map 1. Probably because it first test run of the Wilderlands concept. You can see that the map has a slightly different style. It offset slightly off when you try to join it with the other maps and so forth and so on. You can see this in the link I referenced in the previous post.

Installment K was produced with Map 1. Then they worked on L - Tegal Manor and M- Modron. And then they worked on N and O which were Maps 2/3 and Maps 4/5. So to me it looks like they did K, and when it came time to do N they refined the format and that how it was setup for the rest of maps.
robertsconley
Hobgoblin

Return to Wilderlands