Blatant plug for my CSOTWE online game.

From the Court of the World Emperor to the Barbarian Tribelands of Altanis. Explore Bob Bledsaw's Wilderlands under the shadow of the Invincible Overlord...
Chris107
Orc

Blatant plug for my CSOTWE online game.

Post by Chris107 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:23 am

Hoping to kick of in Dragonsfoot Chat last Tuesday in January then weekly each Tuesday 1930-2230 UK time. Have four players lined up could probably handle a couple more. Got a blog and a Facebook page started and these should grow as more of this fascinating part of the Wilderlands is explored by the players.

Blog link

http://csotwe.blogspot.co.uk

Anyone interested in playing drop me a line. Anyone with any ideas on developing Viridistan feel free to post.
Best
Chris

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Blatant plug for my CSOTWE online game.

Post by Havard » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:34 am

Wow, looks cool. Viridistan has always fascinated me. :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:12 am

Hi Chris,

I can't play in your game, but I've not bumped into you yet, so I thought I'd say "welcome to The Piazza". You might want to pop over to the Introduce yourself here topic, say "Hi" to the community at large and tell them a bit about yourself and the sort of things you like to talk about (including Wilderlands).

You might also want to use your forum signature to link to your blog and Facebook page, so that people can find information about your game from any post you make here.
Chris107 wrote:Hoping to kick of in Dragonsfoot Chat last Tuesday in January then weekly each Tuesday 1930-2230 UK time. Have four players lined up could probably handle a couple more. Got a blog and a Facebook page started and these should grow as more of this fascinating part of the Wilderlands is explored by the players.

Blog link

http://csotwe.blogspot.co.uk
You forgot the Facebook link. You can post that too, if you like. :)
Chris107 wrote:Anyone interested in playing drop me a line. Anyone with any ideas on developing Viridistan feel free to post.
Best
Chris
Good luck with your game.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:55 pm

Thanks Big Mac! I’ll get to work on it.
The first session went well, 6 players. Not bad for an online game.
Here’s a snapshot of what happened.

Players and their characters.
Joriandrake with Azar the Viridistani Warlock.
Bochi playing Alkaia the Amazon Ranger.
Kentheconfused as Xandor the Valonian Wizard.
Genghisdon with Earendil, Viridian Cleric of Mitra.
Destroyerbill playing Batta the Kobold.
Smon with Oona the Tharbrian Barbarian.
NPC Harlgrimn the Wildman Barbarian.

Events 7AM - 9AM 6/9/4447

The rising sun and Batta’s news as to their impending fate saw the slaves rebel. Led first by Oona screaming her defiance and destroying the wooden yoke that bound her with her bare hands, she hurled herself at the now terrified peasant levy.
The unknown Wild Man followed suit, reducing his bonds to matchwood in his rage and ignoring the wounds he received from the guards to charge at Bahad himself.
Batta the Kobold mewled and puked around the feet of the enemy giving bold Alkaia the opportunity to bull rush them, head down and using the weight of her shackles as a weapon.
Earendil called on The Great Lion to wreath his enemies in Holy Flame whilst Xandor and Azar used their magics to facilitate escape.
A nasty battle followed with the two Barbarians and a final devastating spear thrust from the Ranger bringing the Slaver’s days to an end. Only one guard fled the scene alive.
The stranger who had helped them revealed himself as Harlgrimn a Tharbrian Wild Man from the West. They left him tending his wounds and bidding him farewell headed north; hoping to evade capture and eventually pass over the Great Wall to safety.
Finding a small copse of trees for shelter they made a makeshift camp, Alkaia hunting down fresh game and fetching water.
As they rested they heard a faint singing coming towards them. Sneaking up they saw a ragged group of men and women led by a tall, gaunt, bearded man seemingly dancing across the grassy plain.
Our band greeted them, the Veridians recognising then as Mycretians, religious zealots and hated by the Green Emperor. They broke bread with them and Jerech their leader healed the party’s wounds.
Here we leave them until next week.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 am

Chris107 wrote:Thanks Big Mac! I’ll get to work on it.
The first session went well, 6 players. Not bad for an online game.
Here’s a snapshot of what happened.

Joriandrake with Azar the Viridistani Warlock.
Bochi playing Alkaia the Amazon Ranger.
Kentheconfused as Xandor the Valonian Wizard.
Genghisdon with Earendil, Viridian Cleric of Mitra.
Destroyerbill playing Batta the Kobold.
Smon with Oona the Tharbrian Barbarian.
NPC Harlgrimn the Wildman Barbarian.
Hey! I know Bochi. Maybe - if you are not going to post spoilers here, he can tell us how is PC is working out
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 am

Small world. And I’ll post the logs if anyone is interested in reading them?

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:08 am

Forgot to say Big Mac, Smon, Oona’s player runs a Wilderlands 5e face to face group in London. They are meeting this afternoon at (I think) The Ship, bear Borough High Street Station at 12:30.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:36 am

Chris107 wrote:Small world. And I’ll post the logs if anyone is interested in reading them?
Yes please (unless you have them somewhere else and want to just post links).
Chris107 wrote:Forgot to say Big Mac, Smon, Oona’s player runs a Wilderlands 5e face to face group in London. They are meeting this afternoon at (I think) The Ship, bear Borough High Street Station at 12:30.
I wonder if Simon is one of the Dragonsfoot people I've met in the past. (I've been along to meetings that Frank Mentzer and Tim Kask made and some of the Dragonsfoot members pop along to the Birrthday Party for The Piazza every year.)

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm

Review of Session 2 (30th January 2018)

Bochi playing Alkaia, Amazon Ranger
Kentheconfused and Wizard, Xandor
Genghisdon with Earendil of Mitra, Cleric of the Light
Destroyerbill with Batta the Kobold
Smon and Oona, mighty Barbarian woman.
Drfuzzylogic introducing Belgarion the Bard.

Events 9AM-3PM 6/9/4447

Belgarion the Bard had been with the Mycretians and decided to stay and adventure with the party.
After further questioning of Jerech and with help from Earendil they pieced together that the tomb was that of Prince Ashan the Immortal, known as The Ironspear.
Off they trot and sure enough in the sandstone cliffs just south of the wall they find it.
Scrambling up, Batta checks around for traps then Alkaia flexed her mighty muscles and broached the aincient entrance. Once inside they sealed it shut once more.
They set off north down marble steps, the Light of Mitra illuminating their path. Deep they delved until a northbound corridor decorated with plaster images of ancient warriors led them deeper into the tomb.
It was while Batta was creeping ahead that several of these suddenly exploded and bony hands began to claw their way out. Skeletons! Armed with short swords still sharp after all the centuries laying in wait. A nasty fight ensued but these bony warriors were eventually destroyed. It was discovered that these horrid things were not of the undead but constructs made by Veridian artificers. Collecting the weapons (Batta using two to trap the entrance) and bits of wire & cogs they rested before heading further north and encountering two bronze faces doors. It was Oona this time who’s great strength opened them revealing a large plain marble mausoleum beyond a simple white sarcophagus stood on a stepped dais in the centre. Earendil and the Rogue went to investigate and triggered the trap which released the dreadful guardian from within the tomb!
Another foul construct from eons past was set loose. Only with great effort was it overcome. Magical frost from Xandor, Holy fire from Earendil and much beating with big sticks saw it battered but it was Belgarion with a suave thrust of the sword who finished the creature.
After much searching of the empty tomb it was Oona who discovered the cracked plasterwork and secret door in the north wall. And the treasure room beyond!
Here we leave our heroes, a little after 3PM on their first day of freedom, until next week.

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:45 pm

Big-Mac “Birrthday Party for The Piazza every year.” Sounds like fun! :)

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:16 am

Forgot to add the Facebook page link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2096345 ... reate_flow

S'mon
Orc

Post by S'mon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:39 pm

Big Mac wrote: I wonder if Simon is one of the Dragonsfoot people I've met in the past.
I wouldn't think so. :D

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:18 pm

Chris107 wrote:Review of Session 2 (30th January 2018)

Drfuzzylogic introducing Belgarion the Bard.
It looks like you have swapped a couple of players since last time. That must be a slight challenge to the overall story.
Chris107 wrote:Big-Mac “Birrthday Party for The Piazza every year.” Sounds like fun! :)
Here is the topic about the 9th Birthday Party pub meetup. There was also a givaway of nine custom forum titles (one per year). Maybe you can win the name of your favourite Wilderlands monster. :)
Chris107 wrote:Forgot to add the Facebook page link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2096345 ... reate_flow
You could add that link (and your other links) to your Forum signature, if you like. :)

BTW: You don't need the "?source=create_flow" bit on the end of the URL. That's just some clutter that Facebook added, so it could tell where you surfed in from. (And if that's your group, you can actually go into the Facebook settings for it and pick a custom URL for it...if you want to.)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:01 am

S'mon wrote:
Big Mac wrote: I wonder if Simon is one of the Dragonsfoot people I've met in the past.
Hey! Did you meet up with Frank Mentzer and/or Tim Kask when they came to London? I met both all of them, with some folks from Dragonsfoot (and The Piazza). :)

Anyhoo. I see you have come back after being away since 2013. Welcome back! You might want to pop over to the Introduce yourself here topic, say "hello" and tell people a bit about yourself.

So, how are you enjoying playing Oona? Was she inspired by anyone?

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks Big Mac.
The personnel change was pretty painless in the greater scheme of things. The adventure rocks on tomorrow evening.
The Birthday Party sounds like fun. I had a flat in Holborn during the 80’s and 90’s so know the area well. The Ship & The Yorkshire Grey were my two main haunts.

S'mon
Orc

Post by S'mon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm

Big Mac wrote:
S'mon wrote:
Hey! Did you meet up with Frank Mentzer and/or Tim Kask when they came to London? I met both all of them, with some folks from Dragonsfoot (and The Piazza). :)

Anyhoo. I see you have come back after being away since 2013. Welcome back! You might want to pop over to the Introduce yourself here topic, say "hello" and tell people a bit about yourself.

So, how are you enjoying playing Oona? Was she inspired by anyone?
Hi BM - no I've not met Mentzer & Kask, I'm fairly semi-detached from Dragonsfoot although I have a big post count & I'm a big fan of the moderators there.
I mostly post on theRPGsite - I like the stench of scum and villainy :lol: - I came here through a link from the Wilderlands Facebook group to JM's map hexes, and found my mate Chris posting in the comments. :)

I like Oona the Tharbrian, she's very effective even with no armour & just a piece of wood in her hand. :cool: She's sort of a female Fafhrd I guess, a cheerful-but-sometimes-moody Barbarian. Also the Celtic comic book hero Slaine was a big influence, and Conan of course, but she's not usually the Arnie "strong & silent" type. Her background was dominated by the mandatory bonds-of-slavery campaign opening, and her personality was influenced by the 7 I rolled and put into INT. :lol: A little bit of Highlander, especially the TV show version.
Red Sonja was an influence for the part of her backstory where her unusual strength was a gift from the Morrigun, the Tharbrian/Celtic war goddess. But her core personality is far more a Fafhrd than a Red Sonja.
I do recall my description predated the pic (below) I found, but it seemed to fit perfectly! :cool: I guess my initial vision of her was kind of an '80s big-blonde-hair muscular gym instructor type, not exactly a weightlifter but very fit and strong. Also, the '80s were the height of Human Civilisation. :P
I've played a lot of male barbarians in 4e & 5e D&D. I felt like giving a female one a go. :)

Oona, Tharbrian Barbarian of the Clan MacGlaive
Class: Barbarian
Level: 2
STR 18 (+4) DEX 14 (+2) CON 14 (+2) INT 7 (-2) WIS 12 (+1) CHA 15 (+2)
AC: 14 (10+2 CON +2 DEX)
HP: 23 (5+9/Level)
Rolls (at +1 each) 18 7 15 14 14 12
Sex: Female
Race: Human Tharbrian (+2 to Ride checks)
Appearance: 5'11" tall, strongly muscled and well proportioned, good looking with shaggy blonde hair to shoulder, typically held back from her eyes by leather band. Bright blue eyes, her naturally fair and ruddy-cheeked Tharbrian complexion is bronzed by long hours toiling in the fields under the hot Viridian sun.
Background: Born on the Tharbrian Plains east of Viridistan, Oona was said to be blessed at birth by the war goddess Morrigun with preternatural strength. She showed little aptitude for formal education at the feet of the clan Druids, but regularly beat much larger boys in wrestling and quarterstaff-battle. She was a child of 12 when her clan was attacked by a larger rival Tharbrian clan, in league with the soldiers of the hated Viridian Empire. She was captured, taken by Viridian slavers and sold in the slave pits of Viridistan, City State of the World Emperor. She grew to womanhood as a farm worker; those who would trouble her learned to fear her fierce temper and her hard fists. When she was 14, the slave Gablak Orcblood was found dead in a drainage ditch with broken neck - rumour has it he had tried to ravish the crazy Tharbrian girl... Oona said nothing. Though naturally of wild and carefree disposition, like her patron goddess Morrigun, in the shackles of bondage she grew dour and brooding, biding her time until some opportunity came to break free, and exact her revenge...
Barbarian SA: unarmoured defence, Rage 2/LR: rage damage +2, half damage B/P/S, advtg STR checks/saves.
Reckless Attack Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn. Danger Sense At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren’t as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can’t be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.
Spear Attack, Raging: ATT +6 dam 1d8+6 (two handed)
Unarmed Attack, Raging: ATT +6 (+2 Prof +4 STR) Damage: 7 (1+4 STR+2 Rage)
Notes: The MacGlaive Clan favoured weapon is of course the Glaive, a 10' long pointy/slashy bit on the end of a staff. It has d10 damage, Reach (10'), and the MacGlaive are famous Battle-Dancers, darting in to strike the enemy line then leaping away before the enemy can riposte (strike from 10' then move, no opportunity attack).

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Review of Session 3 (6th Febru2018)

Drfuzzylogic playing Belgarion the Bard.

Events 3PM 6/9 - 11AM 7/9/4447
The rosewood chest contained a clay tablet a strange design on one side and, written in ancient Veridian on the other a prophesy from 3,000 years ago.

In the days when the dead stalk the world
When that that was risen has fallen again
Then shall two wolves rise in the east
To do war that will shaketh the stars
Then Heroes shall come forth from bondage
And all that was hoped for befall.

Further exploration led to the discovery of an exit route (taken by Oona) and a second secret chamber which was home to the real tomb of Ashan the Immortal. The mechanical remains of this fell Ancient retained his awful undead spirit and a fierce battle took place. Magic from Xandor and Earendil proved as valuable as the sword and spear thrusts of Alkaia and Belgarion but it was Batta, sneaking late into the fight who finally lay the malevolent spirit to rest just as Oona reappeared from her jaunt.
Much gold, silk and Ashan’s star metal magical spear was gotten.
The party set off north through a brick built tunnel for some miles before exiting in a hidden glade within the Elsenwood. As they shook the mud and dirt off themselves they noticed they weee been watched by a shadowy form within the trees. A form mounted on a great wolf. Wild, unkempt with shining green eyes. A form that giggling, introduced herself as Hekate and her wolf Nightfang.
Many questions will no doubt be asked of her. Feel free to do so before the next session either here or on the Facebook page.

XP - 350 each

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:44 am

eview of Session 4 (Tuesday 20th February)

Events 11AM 7/9/4447 - 7AM 9/9/4447

The party goes their separate ways after splitting the treasure they found in Ashan’s Tomb. Earendil, Xandor and Alkaia trotting off north and west skirting the forest past Sunwatch and keeping off the Green Emperor Way as it snakes northwards.
After only a short while they see the warm twinkling lights of The Jolly Ent in the distance and here they part ways with their wood elf guide.
The Inn proves to be busy and popular, hardly surprising given the quality of the food, drinks and surroundings. They are served and chat briefly with Red the landlady who agrees to visit them in their rented hut later. A brief uproar starts when they attempt to pay the bill with 350 ancient copper coins. But this is soon headed off by the appearance of Catchpole a Hobbit of some note it would seem who picks up their tab.
In the early hours of the morning our heroes are visited by Red and Catchpole, Earendil recognises that the stout matron is from far away Modron and after a brief chat tells her he is a priest of Mitra. It transpires that Mitra has a small following around these parts a kind of resistance to the Green Emperor though she can not say more.
Later that morning they are introduced to a merchant a travelling Wizard from Valon and their old friend Harlgrimn who was also hiding out at the inn. Gear is bought, spells scribed and plans made to escort the Avalonian on his way at least to the Shilly Shallows around 40 miles north.
We’ll pick up here next week though it may again be a slightly later start than normal.
XP 200 each. Third level. Feel free to update your character sheets and ask any questions during the week to come..
I’ll update the blog with all the new names, faces, places and hex numbers (thanks Bochi :) )

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:30 am

Review of Session 5 (Tuesday 27th February)

Events 11AM 8/9/4447 - 4PM 8/9/4447 (whilst waiting to set off north).

Whilst waiting for their merchant to set off north our chaps got chatting to one of the guards who had escorted him here from the City of Spices. Talk turned to the Armadad Law and the strange habits of the natives of Veridistan and then onto a tale of sadness involving a close by village in the Elsenwood, deserted because of ghostly goings on some years ago.
Teaming up with Harlgrimn the party decided to investigate the source of this rumour and after a couple of hours were standing in the ruins of Eithel overshadowed by a long black funeral mound. The Barrow of Alkratson the Terrible.
Exploring through an entrance broken open long ago by other adventurers they delved into the catacombs. Encountering the undead servants of the once powerful lord they eventually arrived at the simple tomb and were attacked by the unquiet spectre of Alkratson. The spells of Xandor and Earendil along with Alkaia’s magical spear and Harlgrimn’s battered old axe eventually laid the ghost to rest, the light of Mitra creating a false dawn that sent its horrid spirit to the Hell it had avoided for so long.
Further searching revealed a secret chamber protected by a Gargoyle. After a fierce fight the party were once more victorious. We leave them here after they completed a short rest and will join them again next week.

XP 700 each.

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Review of Session 6 (Tuesday 6th March)

NPC Harlgrimn the Wildman.

Events 4PM 8/9/4447 - 8AM 9/9/4447.

Much gold and silver was looted from Alkratson’s Barrow along with a magical book showing arcane exercisss to improve the readers health (which Alkaia has begun to read). Laden with this wealth our chaps set off back down the trail through the forest. Yours truly rolls a 6 for the wandering monster followed by a 98. Things did not look hopeful from this side of the DM’s screen. I describe how something huge is barrelling though the wood towards them, uprooting mighty trees as it comes, hoping they will flee; but no. Our fellows are made of sterner stuff than that.
Sliant, the mighty serpent of the Elsenwood is upon them! Xandor uses his powerful diviniation to pull a fast one and gains his friends time to attack then pours magical missiles into the creature. Earendil moves right in and blasts it with magic too followed by Harlgrimn and his axe striking mighty blows and finally Alkaia fires her bow from the rear.
The battle is bloody with first Mitra’s Priest falling, followed by the huge Barbarian. Xandor gamely stands his ground as Sliant charges using his last spell before going down in a haze of blood under the serpents claws. The Ranger lets loose one final shot.. It’s too much for the beast (17/133HP) and Sliant turns to flee!
The saving rolls were tense and could have gone either way but all our heroes survive and return battered and bloody to tell their tale to an amazed Red and Catchpole at the Jolly Ent. Here they also meet with Belgarion who is there singing for his supper.
Dawn breaks and our chaps prepare to leave with Umber Hogart, Arthur of Valon, Harlgrimn and three mules heading towards the Shilly Shallows and perhaps beyond.
Until next week....

XP 775 each

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Review of Session 7 (Tuesday 13th March)

Events 8AM 9/9/4447- 8AM 10/9/4447

The party and their small caravan set off along the Green Emperor Way. The road was unusually quiet for such a fair day not until just after lunch did they encounter any traffic and then only a green hooded Veridians Merchant leading a well guarded caravan south.
This changed later in the afternoon when they were ambushed by bandits lead by a large squint eyed fellow with more than a little Orc in his blood. Xandor’s quick thinking had four of them asleep in a truce and the rest fleeing into the woods but this earned his a rebuke from Umber for using forbidden magic. Questioning those slept before freeing them they learned that the gang hailed from the Boatman’s Tavern in Y’Dell the very town they were heading for.
Upon arriving in the squalid ville they took lodgings at the other tavern in town the Waterside Boarding House. During their stay Earendil’s purse was cut and the following morning he was out for justice. This led to a bit of a scene and Umber Hogart, Arthur and Harlgrimn leaving the party to continue to the Shilly Shallows after Umber had concluded his business with Mother Skreng the herbalist.
Next week we will start with our lads and lass in Y’Dell.

XP 200 each.

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:42 am

Review of Session 8 (Tuesday 20th March)

Events 8AM 10/9/4447 - 1PM 11/9/4447

Following a brief discussion Alkaia and Earendil decided to go looking for the Holy Mounds, a site sacred to Mycr deep within the wild and treacherous Elsenwood. The going was not easy and even with Alkaia’s Ranger skills they progressed at a snails pace. The first day the forest was earilly quiet and watches were set as they made a small camp and shelter using ferns. Cooking a brace of rabbits they had caught they were sure they saw the old hoary trees around them recoil just a fraction.
It was just as the sun rose that Earendil gave a cry as five Giant Centipedes attacked. The fight that followed saw Alkaia down and poisoned but Mitra’s healing soon had her up and about again and they were ready to continue their journey. By lunch time even Alkaia s senses were turned around and they had to reorient themselves to continue however luck was not with them. They became aware of an enemy close at hand, one they recognised only too well (a roll of 100 on the wandering monster chart). Sliant was once more on their trail! A tense and deadly game of cat and mouse followed. One that ended in frustration for Sliant (in no small part due to Earendil’s Sanctuary magic) but one that saw our heroes separated. Two missed DC10 rolls later and Alkaia can’t even begin to find the Clerics tracks... how will they get out of this mess? Find out next week!

XP 445 each

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Review of Session 9 (Tuesday 27th March)

Kentheconfused and Xandor the Wizard.

Events 1PM 11/9/4447- 10AM 13/9/4447

After much wandering, searching and fighting of Giant Spiders our chaps were back together. They feasted on the bounty of the forest before leaving the Elsenwood and coming out into the Holy Mounds. Earendil knew that although the Elves allow the Mycretians to worship Here it is actually a holy place to a much older and forgotten religion.
The first mound was more of a sheer cliff than they were expecting it to be. One that looked to have a skull carved into it and three crosses silhouetted agin the rising sun behind. Using Xandor’s magic the levitated up, all but ignoring the enticing cave entrance leading off into the mound. Once at the top Alkaia started to inspect the three crosses. They were ancient beyond belief and still stained with the blood of the last victims.
This held no interest to Xandor however who started walking down the winding path to the east. With a shrug the other two followed.
Until next week.

XP 166 each

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Review of Session 10 (Tuesday 3rd April 2018)

Events 10AM 13/9/4447- 8PM 15/9/4447

Xandor and Earendil has second thoughts and decided to explore the cave they had passed earlier, leaving Alkaia on guard by the crosses atop the hill.
It proved strangely dark, torches refusing to burn and even the light of Mitra reduced to but a flicker as they entered the ancient place. Fearsome shadows from the past attacked them and almost finished them off but mighty magics were used and the shadows fell. Here beside a long forgotten alter they discovered three items of magic; an Ebon Fly, a Circlet of Blasting and a magical pouch which always holds 30 pieces of silver.
They returned triumphantly and passed a quiet night together. The pre-dawn saw a procession of Mycrecians coming to celebrate a ritual at the crosses which involved much singing, dancing and feasting. Our bold heroes left when the children of Mycr did and followed the winding path eastwards having been warned not to stand on any of the flowers off the main path.
Nightfall saw them in the prosperous fishing village of Sully where they spent a comfortable evening bathing, eating and resting before setting out along the coast road towards Targnol Port with warnings of the fearful Wights which are known to haunt the coastal barrows.
Their journey went peacefully though until at nightfall they came upon the ruins of an ancient fort set upon a headland. Alkaia scouted ahead and spotted the Gnoll sentries easily enough. Returning to her friends they start to make plans....
until next week.

Xandor & Earendil XP 450 each
Alkaia XP 300

Chris107
Orc

Post by Chris107 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:58 am

Review of Session 11 (Tuesday 10th April 2018)

Players and their characters

Events 8PM 15/9/4447- 10PM 15/9/4447

Leaving Alkaia to guard the bags our two intrepid heroes went forth to do War upon Gnolldom. Somewhat to the surprise of yours truly it has to be said.
Xandor, levitating pulled himself around the high headland above the stormy sea until he was below the little fort. Then rising up he crept within the castle walls through the collapsed section in the south east.
Meanwhile, Earendil was going all 633 Squadron and swooping around above on Beelzzeebub his magical Fly. Their attacks were surprisingly successful and with clever tactics several Gnolls were killed or at least badly singed before the pair were driven off by overwhelming numbers. With 1 HP left!
They made their way back to the road and their Ranger friend putting some safe distance between them and the angry howling of the Hyena men.
Review of Session 11 (Tuesday 10th April 2018)

Players and their characters

Events 8PM 15/9/4447- 10PM 15/9/4447

Leaving Alkaia to guard the bags our two intrepid heroes went forth to do War upon Gnolldom. Somewhat to the surprise of yours truly it has to be said.
Xandor, levitating pulled himself around the high headland above the stormy sea until he was below the little fort. Then rising up he crept within the castle walls through the collapsed section in the south east.
Meanwhile, Earendil was going all 633 Squadron and swooping around above on Beelzzeebub his magical Fly. Their attacks were surprisingly successful and with clever tactics several Gnolls were killed or at least badly singed before the pair were driven off by overwhelming numbers. With 1 HP left!
They made their way back to the road and their Ranger friend putting some safe distance between them and the angry howling of the Hyena men.

Return to “Wilderlands”